• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New wheels and tires

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
I decides to take off the magnums & go for a different look.....

The wheels are 15 X 8 in the rear & 15 X 7 in the fronts. Tires are 235/70 for the front & 275/60 for the rear.

wheel2.jpg
wheel1.jpg

Now for the tally......

New wheels: $408.00
Painting: $364.00
Mint set of dog dish hupcaps: $325.00
Tires & shipping: $1,319.00
Mounting, balancing & valve stems: $90.00
20 new lug nuts: $22.50

Total: $2,528.50

Nothing cheap about these old cars at all. :eek:

I decides to take off the magnums & go for a different look.....

The wheels are 15 X 8 in the rear & 15 X 7 in the fronts. Tires are 235/70 for the front & 275/60 for the rear.

View attachment 821748 View attachment 821749

Now for the tally......

New wheels: $408.00
Painting: $364.00
Mint set of dog dish hupcaps: $325.00
Tires & shipping: $1,319.00
Mounting, balancing & valve stems: $90.00
20 new lug nuts: $22.50

Total: $2,528.50

Nothing cheap about these old cars at all. :eek:

But the look is priceless. Very nice

Flipping beautiful.......Man I love the look and contrast with the vinyl top....

Looks fantastic Mark. You got off easy on painting the rims. That's $500 easy down here

$1300 for just the tires ??? Holeee Crap!
My road race tires with a 100 treadwear rating are cheaper!

Yep, redlines of any sort aren't cheap. Proper repops of the goodyear redlines for an a12 are $1500.
Summit is asking $409 ea. for coker firestone repops, that aren't the right brand. I think there are some bf goodrich that are cheaper... but they're not "right" either.

Last edited:

Yep, redlines of any sort aren't cheap. Proper repops of the goodyear redlines for an a12 are $1500.
Summit is asking $409 ea. for coker firestone repops, that aren't the right brand. I think there are some bf goodrich that are cheaper... but they're not "right" either.

I got mine from Diamondback Tires. They are BF Goodrich Radial TA's & they if you want the redline look, that's what they cost. Keep in mind that the $1,319.00 cost included $133.00 for shipping. To me, the tires were worth the cost to get that look & in my opinion, they do look much better on this car than blackwalls or the big Goodrich raised white letters.

I’m a steel wheels and redline guy, love em! And your right the price of the tires especially are high. I’m looking forward to getting mine on but not looking forward to the bill haha.

While I don't really care about the cost and the look is great, I laugh at the fact that when we were young and bought the cars that way, we couldn't get to the store fast enough to get rid of them. Now it cost more to get back what we couldn't get rid of fast enough, than the wheels and tires we replaced them with!! It must be a bell bottom jeans thing!! What does around, comes around. I have to say, I do think it looks great, Well done!!!

I met a guy years ago that was driving a m-code 440 dart that had m/t drag radials on it, with redlines done by diamondback. Sneaky and slick. .
I think diamondback is the only place to get BIG redlines.

I got mine from Diamondback Tires. They are BF Goodrich Radial TA's & they if you want the redline look, that's what they cost. Keep in mind that the $1,319.00 cost included $133.00 for shipping. To me, the tires were worth the cost to get that look & in my opinion, they do look much better on this car than blackwalls or the big Goodrich raised white letters.
Oh, they do look right. Please don't take my comments as derogatory. I am out of the loop on what those types of tires cost, I was just surprised.
They look great. I am just looking at it from my own point of view. I understand that you like a more OEM appearance while I am more of a non purist.

Oh, they do look right. Please don't take my comments as derogatory. I am out of the loop on what those types of tires cost, I was just surprised.
They look great. I am just looking at it from my own point of view. I understand that you like a more OEM appearance while I am more of a non purist.

When I said that I was going to do this, if someone told me that I'd spend 2 1/2 grand, I would have said hat they were way off on their estimate.

You see so many people on this and other car forums who are thrilled with the complete rust bucket that they just bought thinking that they are going to put 15 grand into it they'll have a completely restored car. I posted the cost of the wheels just so that everyone can see that 15 grand is chump change.

Redlines ain't cheap, but they are sexy
17" Redlines for my car cost over $300 each. Plus shipping and mounting/balancing.

When I said that I was going to do this, if someone told me that I'd spend 2 1/2 grand, I would have said hat they were way off on their estimate.

You see so many people on this and other car forums who are thrilled with the complete rust bucket that they just bought thinking that they are going to put 15 grand into it they'll have a completely restored car. I posted the cost of the wheels just so that everyone can see that 15 grand is chump change.
Off topic, but still on wheels. I was raised in Fenton mo, home of the Cuda, Dart,and Roadrunner. It was a small town back then and had it not been for Chrysler and Caterpillar it would have dried up back then. With two plants, there were thousands of people working their. With that many people working there and their kids, Fenton was a huge mopar town. At the time it looked like every 4th or 5th car was a mopar. Mostly bought were cars that were stripped, except go packages. Bench seats, rubber floors, steel wheels with hubcaps and automatic on the column, Delete everything but heaters. In my life, living almost across the street from the plant, I have seen more mopars than most people have seen in a life time. We would go across the highway and watch them test drive them before they were loaded on trucks or trains for delivery. They would drive them like they were stolen. You would not believe it!! I saw cars smoking tires and doing doughnuts for hours on end. Most of the drivers knew we were watching and would put on a show for us like no one has ever seen. I once saw a driver drive up a ramp meant for loading on train cars except there was no train car. At 50 or 60 mph the car flew through the air and landed like the dukes of hazard. He got out and walked away. We would watch for hours!! Absolutely true!!

Looks great! I have always thought cop car wheels and poverty caps would look good on my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back