• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New wheels are on

dvw

Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
Got the new Billet Specialities wheels on. Went up to 12" from 10". Need a little fenderwell trim. There a little close on inside and outside. Nothing a little grindind wont take care ofRears are 10 lbs lighter each. Fronts are 5 lbs lighter each..
Doug

20230111_170414.jpg

20230111_131115.jpg

20230112_102646.jpg

Damn that is pretty... love the gold color... are the old rims up for sale? I'm not far... don't think 10's would fit in the back on a stock 62 though :)

Damn that is pretty... love the gold color... are the old rims up for sale? I'm not far... don't think 10's would fit in the back on a stock 62 though :)
I broke the 10" rears. Thats why the new wheels. The 15x4 fronts are going on my sons 62 savoy.
Doug

Man that car's stance makes a statement. Pretty intense. I love it.

nice wheels 30#s of rotating mas won't hurt either

I found (albeit a bigger & wider tires)
wider wheels will help NOT driving over sidewalls
tire shake if you had any (no so much in a raidial)
& could aid in better 60' times
hit the back tires harder

If 10” broke wouldn’t 12” be weaker?
With that kind of power might want to think about drag wheels not street wheels (just my thoughts).
Thats why I purcased Billet Specialties. They are billet center, SFI rated. It's funny. They ran the American 200S in both Trans-Am and in Top Fuel back in the day. They may have survived if i had rounded the inside edge of the spokes. But I can't take chance. Car is too nice and to quick (8.98@150). Even contacted American about the repop 200s. They asked how quick the car was. And said no ah ah. It's been 1.24 60ft off the foot brake.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back