• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New wheels

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
I’m stepping up from 14” to 15” wheels on my 65. I like the torque thrust that are on it now, but I think I want to change. I have not pulled the trigger yet. I think I might try to photoshop these on to my car.

9E0286FE-6556-4FC3-A15C-B6D21B1F0521.jpeg

I like em if the centers are gray. I hate 99% of the black wheels out there.
Keep the torque thrusts. You can swap back and forth if you want. I have at least three different wheel/tire combos for my car that I swap around, depending on my mood.

Get the polished ones.

They look similar to a wheel Holley is offering.
I think I would like them better if the through hole was the same shape as the rectangular slots.

Grey center Torque Thrust Ds with the machined aluminum rim or (my preference) 5 slot aluminum dish wheels.
Gotta agree
Gray center torque thrusts are the perfect wheel, they look great on everything.
BUT... I can definitely see getting tired of them after many years and wanting a change. I think Scott's choice is an excellent one, but wheel choice depends a lot on the person, and the car. I love my ancient centerlines, other people, not so much.

Oh, I love those historical artifacts from an era significant to some people of my generation and even more to people of generations before. I’m putting a set of E-T 5 slots out back on a Duster with a set of Kelsey Tire Goodyear Poly-Glas L60-15s. Unfortunately, it’s going to look “hillbilly day 2” with 14 inch Rallye’s painted dark charcoal metallic on the front unit I can swing a set of 15X5 5 slots up. But I’ll like it!

I am a tad old school and have Cragar's SS on my 69 Coronet R/T with 15 inch on the front and 17 inch on the rear.

101_0045.JPG IMG_20210309_115335937.jpg

I’m stepping up from 14” to 15” wheels on my 65. I like the torque thrust that are on it now, but I think I want to change. I have not pulled the trigger yet. I think I might try to photoshop these on to my car.

View attachment 1256274
Forget what these are called and they do look good on most cars, but 15? I'd probably stay with 14, prefer the tire/wheel fill using them, but it is all visual preference. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back