• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new windshield does not fit 64 Belvedere HT

retractable

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
I have a new windshield for my 64 Belvedere HT and it will not fit. The upper left corner is not ground right and is more of a point then a nice round corner. I can return it tomorrow but has anyone had problems? Is there better fitting glass from some one. I has installed many windhields and have never not had one fit. Help Please. Thanks

Likewise, I've done many windshields over the years. Every now & then you get a clunker. Return it & get a replacement.

Had a side glass that was cut wrong for a 65 Blevedere post car.Drove us nuts "it's just flat glass".After fighting it for a while,compared it to the original scratched glass, was off by a 1/4''.

This windshield besides the upper corner not right ,that side is 1/8 inch taller then the other side.

You got a bad piece. It happens. When I restored my 70 RS/Z28 I put in all new glass. The rear glass would not fit, it stuck up by a half inch on the one side.
Get another one, it will be good.

My 64 Sedan was the same way, drivers side top. I ground the corner with a Rol-lock Scothbrite pad very carefully. Having done this with glass at the dealership previously with good results. It's slow but works. Windshields in the car unharmed 3 years now.
Doug

I returned the glass today. Tried to order another one but was told none were available. I called Auto City Glass and they had 10 on hand. I will drive the 75 miles Thursday to pick it up ans inspect it. The glass price went from $113.00 to $189.00. Thanks every one for the help. Jay

New glass installed on sunday. It went in with no problems. Thanks for all the help. Jay

Auto Transport Service
Back