• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbee hear, sortof

gregsdart

Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Hi, been on early A for a long time, but also signed up here since there may be a larger number of big block racers. My heart will always be with my 68 coronet 383 4 spd car, and 69 Dodge Charger RT I bought after that. Both gone now. I race a 65 Dart with tube over 3x2 frame chassis, 550 inch bb methanol injected, awaiting new 385cnc 572-13 heads. Made 926 hp with 440-1s, but they are now too thin to handle 15/1 compression; hence the move, hoping to see 1,000 hp. Am certed to 8.50, best so far 8.76 @ 154 mph. Goal is to go 8.50 in 3000 da air up hear in MN at 2920 race weight. Almost 72 yo, will race till I can't get in the car anymore or they shovel dirt on me
20190907_094414.jpg
phone pics 017.jpg

That’s bad ***. 74 here and just getting started. What block?

Welcome to the forum, that Dart is bad ***. I haven't raced since the 70's, but love the Mopars. There's lots of info here.

Greetings from Upstate New York. What @Jerry Hall said. Bad *** car. And all the info you could ask for.

Almost 72 yo,

I'm glad you posted that. I have loved the 69 Charger since I was in HS and finally was blessed with owning one in 2013. After disappointing experiences with mechanics I started taking classes and doing the work myself. I have regrets that I didn't get started sooner. Part of that was due to hearing crap about how cars are a bad investment/liability. Luckily I finally did get my dream car and am lucky at my age I am still fit enough to work on them. So thanks for posting your age! I feel the same about doing this until I can't get in a car any more.

Welcome . Always good to have more seasoned moparts /racer guys over here.:steering:

Welcome aboard Greg. Thanks for joining & posting the pics. My first car was a 65 Dart /6 that went past 300,000 miles while thrashing all the way. It was also the first time I ever raced on a real track. I raced it once and won my class; did the same thing with my 70 Challenger RT. Two races & two wins. I retired undefeated, LOL. There was a Dart at our local track called "Little Iron". It was a 63 with a tilt fiberglass front end hand molded over a 65 Dart. It was a Hemi and it wasn't very pretty but I never saw the car lose. He raced other cars that had more money in their paint jobs than was spent on the whole Dart. One person on here,"bobtile", might remember it but maybe not as I am an old goat now. Best of luck with your beautiful 65!
:thumbsup:

Impressive #'s

cool car, I like your style

That’s bad ***. 74 here and just getting started. What block?
I have a 4.504 bore x 4.315 stroke in a Megablock. 440-1 heads, Terminater methanol injection, 15/1 compression, inverse radius rollercam from Jones, 284/296/113 @ .050, .848 NET lift int, .796 net ex. Made 926 hp on a spot on dyno. Went 154 at 8.80 with issues, blew a head gasket. Working on a New BMP Aluminum block, 572-13 heads for next year.

Welcome from Georgia.

That's a serious business car!

Thank you for the nice welcome.
My new motor will be 550 cubes BMP aluminum block, 572-13 heads, using same cam and freshly ported 3X intake. I was told between 1025 and 1050 hp. Should get close to 8.50 cart limit. 2920 lbs race weight.

Auto Transport Service
Back