• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie from Ma

Polara383500

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a 68 polara 500 383 all orig motor and tranny! I’ve only had it about 3months now the body is straight but had no exhaust on it! The exhaust was rusted away after the collectors! It started and drove but now that I put some make shift mufflers so I can really hear the motor it had a real bad tap!

welcome to the site and we love pics.

Pics

793E0CE9-5BC3-4B68-9E89-C4AAD0CFEAED.jpeg 4D2E3AFD-A0EB-4804-9EC9-2E47BD334B5C.jpeg

Since those pics I’ve have wet sanded and buff it out but haven had a chance to take full pics! I’ve been taking the motor apart trying to figure out my rebuild!

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Nice ride, be careful running a motor with a known issue. You can do more damage that will cost you! JMO 440'

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Nice ride, be careful running a motor with a known issue. You can do more damage that will cost you! JMO 440'
I didn’t know it had issue till later! As of right now top end is off! Getting a hoist and stand this week to get it completely out of the car!!

Welcome from Alabama, super nice C body project.

Hello and Welcome from Connecticut! :welcome:, I am a die-hard c-body guy so your car caught my attention. I love the color combo, are you by chance on FCBO?

Welcome from VER-mont! Same question. Have you checked in at FCBO? Nice car too.

I’m on both cause doing engine builds a guy from FCBO told me to ask ? here about engine builds!

welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Missouri!!

Hi everyone! I have a 68 polara 500 383 all orig motor and tranny! I’ve only had it about 3months now the body is straight but had no exhaust on it! The exhaust was rusted away after the collectors! It started and drove but now that I put some make shift mufflers so I can really hear the motor it had a real bad tap!
Welcome to the club.

Auto Transport Service
Back