• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice 74

Bee1971

Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
Talked to the original owner at a show today who just got it back on the road after decades and some new paint , interior work , and freshened up the numbers matching drivetrain over the last few years

Really looks nice and very clean

He added Air C the first year he had it
0E9AD215-25B0-40FA-91B0-136069F863CA.jpeg
DDEFB98F-9E60-448A-A65F-A644CF9F5D49.jpeg
F5BEEEF0-D8E1-4BB6-B4AE-E4B45EA73845.jpeg
C4303C1A-D240-4309-A132-FAF086060E52.jpeg
0490AE3D-BB28-46CB-9175-09600B00D086.jpeg

Pretty Rare ?

Last edited:
400-4 4 speed with Aztec interior

Aztec interior cars are usually bronze or white

There was 104 400 4-speed SE's built in 1974. With the color and interior it is likely one of a kind.

That is extremely rare. .except I'm sure he added the tall shifter. .only shorts were available then

Beautiful car. My first car was a 73 SE, 400 I bought off my Dad when it was a year old. So I'm partial to them.

something about that shifter mount doesn't look right.

it's a buckets and buddy seat car but that doesn't look like a front mount shifter hump

could be the angle I suppose

something about that shifter mount doesn't look right.

it's a buckets and buddy seat car but that doesn't look like a front mount shifter hump

could be the angle I suppose
it must be the angle. Bucket cars ( non buddy seat ) got it just right at the heigh of the driver bucket corner and more to the center somehow ( not right in the center of course ). This shifter seems to be way away from driver seat in comparision with the other setup. Bench/buddy seats car got it more offset to driver side ( and forward ) to allow to middle passenger to stretch their legs better

Last edited:
That is extremely rare. .except I'm sure he added the tall shifter. .only shorts were available then
actually seems to be the correct for bench/buddy seat ? I think

Editing... yes, something weird on the shifter shape.

0519cdc37f15fcc4_6c67b8b8f058b7.jpg

Last edited:
Actually the 71-2 B (73-4 as well) body had 2 shifter positions, the E/B REARWARD location WITH/WITHOUT console, and the MID/FORWARD BENCH location for the BENCH shifter which you could have with BENCH or buckets and a buddy seat

There's also 2 different floor humps for each application, as well as 2 individual shifter mechanism set ups as well, not counting the handles

Didn’t Chrysler actually make three shifter handles for 1971-1974 B Bodies ?

Short - Buckets with console or no console

Medium - Buckets with Buddy Seat

Long - Bench Seat or Buckets with Buddy Seat

That Medium shifter isn’t reproduced anymore ? And the rarest of the three

I have seen that Long Shifter on plenty of Factory Bucket Seat/Buddy Seat cars
1971-1974 B Body

Last edited:
A

Didn’t Chrysler actually make three shifter handles for 1971-1974 B Bodies ?

Short - Buckets with console or no console

Medium - Buckets with Buddy Seat

Long - Bench Seat or Buckets with Buddy Seat

tenor.gif

I have both humps

1 AMD long hump and 1 OEM short hump, and I've test fitted both in my car.

The short hump is a good six or more inches shorter.

That cassette pod in the pic is also way off-center.

FYI- there are no dimples on the hump for the cassette pod mounting screws.

It was a challenge for me to add mine and even if you get the top of the pod parallel with the bottom of the dash, and the off-center base looking good with the curve of the hump...there's still a bit of an optical illusion issue that makes it seem not straight because it's right under the area of the dash where it gets larger top to bottom on the driver's side.

I wonder if the factory had a template.

There is a flat spot on the hump in the general area, but if you use that, it doesn't really work, and IIRC comes out looking like the above pic.

I'm not trying to pick apart the OP's car, just pointing out things that seem odd to me, as I've just been working in that area on my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back