• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice convertible for the money

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
A friend of mine picked this 65 up today for $ 7,000. Not so bad for the money.
FE91C9CB-1EDA-4169-B516-A21DC18C420D.jpeg

I had the same car (freaken' tripple red) 240cid straight 6 & 3 on the tree,
in 1976-ish, I bought for $150, sold for $300 a few months later

no grampa skirts

After 1964,those full size Fords don't get a lot of love. The 65 and newer Furys,and Monacos were the same for many years, but people are starting to appreciate them more lately. The same Era Chevrolet full sized car are bringing strong money!

If not then go ahead and add curb feelers !
What functionality did this curb feelers have anyway? Was there a light in the car or were you supposed to hear or feel them if too close? Never got the full drift of those things …..

I always thought they were some sort of KFC tracking gizmo

What functionality did this curb feelers have anyway? Was there a light in the car or were you supposed to hear or feel them if too close? Never got the full drift of those things …..
They were used when parking sideways against a curb.
You would be going less than a crawl when you could hear them.
They made a twanging sound when you got to close to the curb thus protecting your spokes on you wire wheels or your wire wheel hubcaps.
Saw them on a lot of Cadillac’s and Lincoln’s back in the 70’s

Lose the skirts and trade the Crown Vic wheels for some 15" Magnum 500s. That would probably double the car's market value.

Auto Transport Service
Back