• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nigerian wheels

Let us know when you advertise them on Craigslist.
:D

Weld a big hex nut (1 inch or larger) on the end of the conical nut. Just be sure to ground as solidly as possible as close as possible (preferably directly to) to the conical nut.

Nuts!! No pun intended.....but I'm sure I'd beez usin a BFH on them lol

Now that you ask, I think it was only on the one side. It did have a special wrench for the nuts, but I ended up having to cut the nuts off as they were so tight, the wrench bent. The nuts were brass, so cutting them wasn't too bad.
Yep. Center lock one-nut wheels have different diredtion threads on each side of the car. The British wire wheels with the knockoffs had the directions engraved in the knockoff.
For the o.p, since you obviously don't care to save em, I'd grind the chrome off and weld a bar to the center cap, and knock em off with a hammer. That center cap is threaded onto an adapter.

Left hand thread on left side.. right hand right side. Just like a 'Vette
Strangly enough, according to the vette source I saw, they say the corvette knockoffs used right hand threads on the driver's side, and lefthand threads on the passenger side. Tighten toward the rear of the car, on both sides.
I would have thought like you, left on left.
I wonder which way the new Nascar knockoffs work?

I think you’re right. I’ll get it jacked up tomorrow and let everyone know how it worked out.
I wouldn't count on the thead direction being dependent on which side of the car. I would try BOTH directions before I really apply a lot of force. It's a crapshoot as to whether it's left or right threads.....

I had a brain fart in my sleep last night on how to remove them. You ready????? ( Oil filter wrench) Those Ambian work miracles.

Screenshot_2018-06-27-15-05-38-1.png

The car prob is sporting hydraulics also.......
:bananaweed:

Auto Transport Service
Back