• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nigerian wheels

Strangly enough, according to the vette source I saw, they say the corvette knockoffs used right hand threads on the driver's side, and lefthand threads on the passenger side. Tighten toward the rear of the car, on both sides.
I would have thought like you, left on left.
I wonder which way the new Nascar knockoffs work?
Well I don't have the Wife's anymore to go look...
corvettecleanupspring2018 195.JPG

Just checked the new Nascar wheels. Right thread on driver side, left thread on passenger side.....

Just checked the new Nascar wheels. Right thread on driver side, left thread on passenger side.....
Maybe that's the reason they are having some problems losing wheels during the race. I wonder if that single nut acts the same way right hand lug nuts do on the driver's side when not tightened good enough?

Maybe that's the reason they are having some problems losing wheels during the race. I wonder if that single nut acts the same way right hand lug nuts do on the driver's side when not tightened good enough?
Supposedly, with the thread oriented that way the lugs self tighten from rotation. But I wonder what happens under severe braking? Ever see Nascar rotors glowing red?

Lowrider crap, knock offs :carrot:

a pipe-wrench like someone mentioned would work
if you can get a big enough one in there to grab it
& turn it

if you don't care or don't have the proper wrench/knock off tool
& not going to save the wheels
or something :realcrazy:

Good Luck

Sitting right behind me in her chair on her laptop, me on my desktop. She sees pictures, but certainly doesn't proof read what I type.. she could care less! LOL
My wife (now X) used to look over my shoulder to see what I was doing on the net.....

:thumbsup:Don’t care about damage to it
Lowrider crap, knock offs :carrot:

a pipe-wrench like someone mentioned would work
if you can get a big enough one in there to grab it
& turn it

if you don't care or don't have the proper wrench/knock off tool
& not going to save the wheels
or something :realcrazy:

Good Luck
33BBCD27-C69D-46F3-8E9C-695BF5A0F82A.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back