• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nitto Drag Radials

Dodge 330

Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Looking to purchase the 275/60/15's for the back of my '63.

Anyone run these and what was your experience with them?

I hear they are good tires, but have no experience with them.

What drag radial, the NTO5R style? NT555R?

I always run M/T ET STREETS. Very good thread wear and tire life. I ran them on my foxbody mustang at Fort Bragg, NC. for a few years and they still looked like new. With my Road Runner, I have a locker in the rear and drive a few thousand miles (at a minimum) a year and they still seem to be holding up pretty well but would last twice as long with a sure grip. I have the NT05's on my Z06 Corvette and I like them, but they are not the Drag Radial version.

I run the NT05R's drag radials on my '08 Challenger. Like Sweet5ltr said, you see them mostly on late model Corvetttes and they can be hard to get at times. They're a good street/drag radial. kind of salty (but what isn't these days)... The reason i use them is because they are the only 20" tires i can find that will half way hook (670 bhp, blown, bored/stroked 6.1 (426 ci)). If I had the ability to run a 15" rim i would have probably used the M/T's and save the bucks. good luck with your search.

I currently run the 275/60/15 nitto 555's and really like them. Run well, don't burn out to quickly and were very competitively priced. They launch my 440 road runner pretty well.

Mike

I'm guessing he means the NT05 because NT555 is more just a standard street radial.

I have NT555's on my charger right now but plan on getting another set of rear wheels with NT05's to swap when I want. Heard some good stuff about them and they are priced pretty decent, especially the NT555's

Nitto Nt01 is what I run...315/30ZR18 .. But they didnt have the Nt05 when I bought them.. I'd be tempted to get them next time.. Although I bought the NT01 for road racing performance..

Going to drive on the street? M&h if so, Hoosier QuickTime if not.

Auto Transport Service
Back