• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NJ Diesel Ram Owner Forced to Scrap Truck !

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
1663582733158.png

Diesel Ram Owner Forced to Scrap Truck Over Deleted Emissions Equipment (UPDATED)

A diesel truck owner's battle with the state of New Jersey is leading to the scrapyard. Mike Sebold initially received a letter from the state's Department of Environmental Protection after listing his modified 2008 Ram 2500 on Facebook Marketplace. Officials took issue with the pickup's deleted emissions equipment and, in turn, told Sebold his truck must be returned to stock or taken off the road. But even after he turned in his plates, Sebold claims they've forced him to make an appointment with the crusher.

Diesel Tuner Faces Year in Prison for Defying EPA
Quote:
x.gif

Diesel Tuner Faces Year in Prison for Violating the Clean Air Act

The DOJ hit the founder of Spartan Diesel Technologies with one year and one day behind bars for selling emission defeat devices. That's on top of two million-dollar fines.

EPA Hits Two More Diesel Tuners With $10 Million Fine For Defeat
Devices

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2022/09/08/IMG_6068-scaled.jpeg

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2022/09/08/IMG_6069-scaled.jpeg

1663583486386.png

1663583162155.png

1663583186441.png

Last edited:
That last communication would seem to still be offering him the choice of returning it to stock configuration
or, in lieu of that, having it crushed.

Lookit, we all know the feds are out of hand at this point and we know why....

This is the general section... so I can’t say what I’d like to.

You don't like or agree with the laws of your state that's fine, but if you decide that you want to break the laws and rules then you must be willing to suffer the consequences for your actions if you get reported or caught.
Seems pretty cut and dry to me....guy F'd around and found out that the rules DO apply to him as well.... :rofl:

Last edited:
He's no doubt tried to wrangle with 'em apparently. They're making an example of him as a result.

I have driven behind these diesel trucks when as they say are "rolling coal"
I say belching thick black smoke
Worse than driving in the fog

I have driven behind these diesel trucks when as they say are "rolling coal"
I say belching thick black smoke
Worse than driving in the fog

I've been into Cummins trucks for about 15 years and friends and I have said that these window lickers who "roll coal" are only drawing attention to themselves and that eventually goverments - local/state/provincial/federal will start to take notice and target them specifically.

I've been into Cummins trucks for about 15 years and friends and I have said that these window lickers who "roll coal" are only drawing attention to themselves and that eventually goverments - local/state/provincial/federal will start to take notice and target them specifically.
So a few clowns will ruin it for all eventually

Between, roll coal and cell phones, someone's going to get caught and we all are going to pay. When I'm at a red light and the truck in front of me is rolling smoke so thick I can't take off till it's clear, it just became my problem, not his!!

He should never have listed on Facebook market place as most State agencies look at that stuff now, diesel trucks in particular. He shoved his foot on the mouth and **** the other by saying it’s deleted.

I don’t have a problem with someone deleting their emissions stuff off their truck, have seen the cost to fix that stuff? Or it puts ya limp mode in the middle of nowhere? A person has to do what they feel is right for their given situation.

I thought a federal judge just recently ruled that the EPA has no authority to implement rules or law.

just wait till they come for the "do it yourself" auto restorers.....and they will

Brother has PRE-1994 cummins, no inspection required, can't believe how many times the "roving ispection stations" TRY to shut him down. Youngsters (under 45) don't even know the "rules/laws" THEY are told to "enforce", can you say "over reach"!!!

Bought my box truck from a company that couldn't register it in california any more. (I think cause it doesn't need Def fluid). Paid about half what it was worth, titled it and registered it in Arizona, FROM california, by email, for five years for less than one year california registration.
The ram truck guy is PRIMARILY in trouble because he was selling a device to defeat emissions, but yes, they are making an example of him....

how about the state buy it from him....... they waste billions anyway....... it's private property, he needs to tell them to **** off, and part it out if nessasary

Auto Transport Service
Back