• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No clue of part name

Bennyp92

Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Admin remove or notify me and I’ll remove if wrong forum. I’ll start by 65 coronet I’m trying to figure out the name out the part on the firewall the the steering column shaft goes through. Newbie to rebuilds, I could rat rod it but really don’t want to. Thanks in advance

Admin remove or notify me and I’ll remove if wrong forum. I’ll start by 65 coronet I’m trying to figure out the name out the part on the firewall the the steering column shaft goes through. Newbie to rebuilds, I could rat rod it but really don’t want to. Thanks in advance
Steering column firewall bracket ?

A9855ABF-2722-4C70-B3EA-5A72A551CDB3.jpeg
A9855ABF-2722-4C70-B3EA-5A72A551CDB3.jpeg
BF10F885-6C8E-477F-AE3A-A24F0A7ACDC4.jpeg

That torn up boot on the shaft goes over the end of the column tube. Get a new one if you don't already have it. It keeps the shaft sealed and located, sort of, in the tube. I had a guy make up a Delrin bushing for me to slip into the tube so I could have a better lockdown on shaft movement. That other deal is pretty flimsy. I think later on they used something to better locate the shaft there. The upper portion, stg wheel end, had an actual bearing.

That torn up boot on the shaft goes over the end of the column tube. Get a new one if you don't already have it. It keeps the shaft sealed and located, sort of, in the tube. I had a guy make up a Delrin bushing for me to slip into the tube so I could have a better lockdown on shaft movement. That other deal is pretty flimsy. I think later on they used something to better locate the shaft there. The upper portion, stg wheel end, had an actual bearing.
Thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back