• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Hood In Arizona?

Ron ... since you already have an AZ title you just go to the DMV and have the title put in your name. There is no level 1 or level 2 inspection required.

I assume you'll be getting Classic car insurance so you won't need to worry about the annual emission inspection.
Thanks Jim, I went down there and they told me I need to bring the car in for inspection. I did tell them that the car was previously licensed in AZ. So this is what I am talking about. Getting them to give me the right answer seems to depend on who answers the question lol. I’ll try again since its worth not getting inspected. Do you know if that is written down somewhere? Would like to wave it if they give me trouble.

@bearman , bought a house just outside bullhead with an eight car garage and a carport big enough for a motor home and a hoist. I'm going to keep a socal house, the girlfriend has good relationships with her Kaiser doctors here, she has had back surgery, neck surgery, breast cancer, and is currently recovering from knee replacement.
I see lots of travel in my future.
Praying she heals quickly!

It depends on which county you reside in. My son is in Black Canyon, no inspection there. I don't know why there would be one required in Bull Head.

I wasn't really worried about registration, more law enforcement. Real wide tires, and engine sticking out of the hood gets dirty looks here in california.

It depends on which county you reside in. My son is in Black Canyon, no inspection there. I don't know why there would be one required in Bull Head.
Well its me that started this thread. I live in Maricopa county and of course getting the run around from the Mesa DMV as I went there with title in hand and was turned away by the front desk. Looks like I will try to talk to someone else there. It does the beg the question if its legal to drive with no hood.

bullhead won't be a problem because of the speed boats up and down the river and they are load

Here some MOPAR goodness for you guys. Been fixing the wiring a garage did for me on my electric fans. Of course they work now....If you don’t do it yourself it will be less that what you would expect IMO.

ACB9D5B4-4840-46CA-8668-544EB092AF3B.jpeg

i can say 40 plus years ago i got plates on my first 64 without a hood and front bumper. but that was 40 years ago

i can say 40 plus years ago i got plates on my first 64 without a hood and front bumper. but that was 40 years ago
Yeah 30 years ago my Z28 had a hood but it terrorized everyone lol.

Ron, I say you are screwed. I will give you $500 to get that thing off your hands and eliminate a lot of stress in your life ;)

Ron, I say you are screwed. I will give you $500 to get that thing off your hands and eliminate a lot of stress in your life ;)
Hahaha Jim, maybe my 318 Block though......

I wasn't really worried about registration, more law enforcement. Real wide tires, and engine sticking out of the hood gets dirty looks here in california.

No worries here in Mohave County (Bullhead/Havasu/Kingman).....I have registered several out of state titled cars and have never had to bring the cars in for inspections, just titles and proof of insurance. We don't need no stinkin' smog inspections here either :thumbsup:

Cops have never bothered me, no mufflers, dual carbs, cheater slicks, no turn signals.......so far so good.
Are you in Fort Mohave by any chance? My place is in Bullhead above the Parkway next to Laughlin Ranch CC. We should maybe meet up.

The title of this thread leads one to believe that there are no ghettos in AZ. How deceiving.

The title of this thread leads one to believe that there are no ghettos in AZ. How deceiving.
Hopefully there are for us poor people! I can’t afford an 8 car garage and from what I’ve seen, a basic shack is a quarter million out there. CaliforniaV2.

I've told people for years that I needed a 500 sq ft house and a 5000 sq ft garage. This is as close as I could get.

My best friend and her husband are buying a bigger house with a bigger garage three blocks from mine in az.
I met her while cruising in socal 35 years ago in my v8 vega. She was driving her a66 70 340 challenger, b7. She still has the challenger, my Vega been gone for 30 years.

My best friend and her husband are buying a bigger house with a bigger garage three blocks from mine in az.
I met her while cruising in socal 35 years ago in my v8 vega. She was driving her a66 70 340 challenger, b7. She still has the challenger, my Vega been gone for 30 years.
Very cool! We’re looking at the possibility of relocating to that area.

Auto Transport Service
Back