• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No lights at all help

805superbee

Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
Hello I am new to this forum. I just got a 1970 super bee and none of the lights work. The left fender marker would turn on sometimes. I have no dash lights, head lights, blinkers, stop, turn etc. I have a new blinker switch and new engine light harness. Head light ground is good. Where should I look next? Probably bad dimmer/headlight do all the lights get power from one source?

Any help would be good I’m gonna check all the grounds but I think it’s a bad switch not sending power anywhere but wanna know how it works before I buy any pricey switches. Thanks for the help

Start with checking fuses & clean all the fuse sockets, they can get corrosion that causes issues...

Look at the bulbs...

You need a test light & you need to do some testing... Throwing parts at it is expensive & often doesn't fix anything....

Has the car been stored? Driven? Restored? Each option has it's common problems..

BTW Welcome to the forum...

Hi there 805superbee. Welcome! So, the superbee is new to you. Are you new to old mopars? If you don't have the factory service manual, download it here: http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109 Just right-click on your car and 'save link as'. All the wiring diagrams are in there.

Good luck!

Please correct me if I'm wrong......but the headlights don't pass through the fuse box (no fuse for headlights). Wouldn't the "fusable link" be the first check point? You could try to by-pass it just to check, but if it's shot.....something must be pulling it down

Please correct me if I'm wrong......but the headlights don't pass through the fuse box (no fuse for headlights). Wouldn't the "fusable link" be the first check point? You could try to by-pass it just to check, but if it's shot.....something must be pulling it down

True, headlights don't have a fuse, they are protected by a circuit breaker built into the headlight switch.... But all the other lights are fused...

If the fusible link is bad nothing gets power, the car wouldn't run....

One of those cars that is easier to fix when it's sitting in front of you rather than waiting for clues over the internet...

When the headlights on my '64 quit working, I found a bad ground connection at the wire from the neg battery terminal to the radiator support. When my dash lights quit working, I found a bad connection at the stop light switch. I'm not sure if your '70 is wired the same way, but it might be worth checking.

Auto Transport Service
Back