• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO REPLIES TO OFFERS TO BUY “For sale” listings

Harryj

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I’m still new here so maybe I’m not following the rules. recently I responded to a listing for 67 Coronet tail light trim pieces. my first response was “ I would like to buy these how do you want me to pay you”. I realized I didn’t read closely as he stated how he wanted paid. I then wrote another reply and stated “ I will send you a postal money order after you let me know how much for shipping”. Never did get a reply. So my question Is did I not follow some rule or is it that I have noticed certain sellers just do not reply ? If I’m wrong let me know as I’m not usually one to kiss somebodys a$$ to take my money. I thought this forum would be a good place to get some parts here and there but appears that maybe not.

Without a link to the thread I can't tell for sure. If it was on a sale thread you can go to the first post and hit the "Contacr Seller" button that will take you directly to a private message with the seller.

I've asked via pm on several for sale posts in the past couple years.
only to never get a reply.

People’s lives are busier than ever. Some are only on here once in a while, including me. I may be here a few days in a row or not at all for a week or more. I hardly ever post anything for sale anymore as shipping usually kill the deal. If u search my name u can find parts I have/had for sale a long time ago. Some sold and some didn’t. Maybe u can or cannot use them. Kim

Also, be wary. I’ve encountered, as others have, where some ‘members’ pop out of the woodwork saying they have the stuff and it’s BS. Popping up members? Just joined a few hours ago, zero posts on their roster. Same deal when they’re selling something fabulous…problem is, they got nothing looking to scam someone.

Also, be wary. I’ve encountered, as others have, where some ‘members’ pop out of the woodwork saying they have the stuff and it’s BS. Popping up members? Just joined a few hours ago, zero posts on their roster. Same deal when they’re selling something fabulous…problem is, they got nothing looking to scam someone.
Yes, I agree with this post. It’s always buyer beware. Also when they ask for friends and family payment thru pay pal u really have to consider if u can afford to loose that much. I’m not saying to rule out everyone that requests f&f payment. Just be cautious. Now I prefer to get a Moneygram. Kim

Here we go down the worm hole. The OP commented on littleredcoffins for sale post. Probably didn't send him a PM and the seller has not been on the forum since last Sunday. Lost his phone... computer died, family issue. Who knows...

Here we go down the worm hole. The OP commented on littleredcoffins for sale post. Probably didn't send him a PM and the seller has not been on the forum since last Sunday. Lost his phone... computer died, family issue. Who knows...
He has been selling lots on FABO. Seems like a great guy. I’ll check over there and see when he was on last. Kim

Sorry, lol, I've become a little more cynical over the years coupled with getting screwed a time or two. 98% of the time goes fine.

Maybe he only has internet on weekends at a library... who knows. Lots of great stuff for cheap... but no PayPal.. US money order only and that excludes us Canucks PDQ.

I’m still new here so maybe I’m not following the rules. recently I responded to a listing for 67 Coronet tail light trim pieces. my first response was “ I would like to buy these how do you want me to pay you”. I realized I didn’t read closely as he stated how he wanted paid. I then wrote another reply and stated “ I will send you a postal money order after you let me know how much for shipping”. Never did get a reply. So my question Is did I not follow some rule or is it that I have noticed certain sellers just do not reply ? If I’m wrong let me know as I’m not usually one to kiss somebodys a$$ to take my money. I thought this forum would be a good place to get some parts here and there but appears that maybe not.
If you have doubts....don't deal with the seller! Easy peasy.....and there are scammers everywhere including here even though we try to weed them out.

i didn’t name the seller because of the chance something unavoidable happened to them. I’ll admit I didn’t know about the DM option. I’ve sold car parts on other forums and I have always responded ASAP to questions or offers. Thanks for the replies. Has anyone else bought from this seller ?
FYI. I think this is a great forum.

So easy to see if a member has even read your message, simply hover over their name and it'll tell you when they were last here. Other than those that prefer to roam in mystery and have their profiles blocked!

I have some old parts, mostly pretty cheap stuff listed for sale. I don't have a Paypal account, and do not intend to get one. I ask for check or money order only. Some people don't find that acceptable. Oh well. I had one guy last year get pissy about getting screwed, and he wasn't going to let me or anybody else do it again. I felt kind of insulted. But I am not going to fret over not selling a damn 50 year old part for $20.... I hate to scrap old parts, but I sometimes just need to clean out my 40 year accumulation of junk.... And I put a price on stuff to pretty much just cover my time and trouble.

Auto Transport Service
Back