• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No response on FEBO to grill question. So,...

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
I bought a new grill assembly with trim from 521 Restorations. The old factory grill is beyond saving or I would have refurbished it. I called this morning and left a message with Jeff. Their website says they're understaffed due to SEMA week. So, no telling how long they'll take to respond.

I painted the new gray plastic grill and headlight surround pieces and installed them. It went very well until I couldn't get the new stainless trim bezels to stay on. The factory grill and headlight surrounds have a slit cut on the side of the protrusions/studs where the bezels attach to keep them from popping loose; the new parts do not have the slits. Therefore, I can't even get my factory bezels to stay on the new grill.

Anyone else run into this problem? Maybe you have some good ideas how to keep the bezels on?

P.S. BE/A ran out of grill assemblies a long time ago. As far as I know, there's only one manufacturer repopping these grills.

IMG_20221029_150232715.jpg

IMG_20221029_150258347.jpg

IMG_20221029_150414905.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back