• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noisy heater valve

Bob Jordan

Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
I have been trying to find a loud noise in our 64 sport fury. If you didn't know better you would think it was something in the transmission making a noise that varies with rpm. While it was making the noise today I happened to be adjusting the heat temp knob and the noise went away. I can make it go away by adusting the slider knob - cold is quiet and hot is LOUD. I can reach down and feel the valve vibrating. Ideas?

I just talked to someone tht said maybe the heater hoses are reversed? That could make noise at the valve? Thanks

Geez I thought you guys knew everyhing!

First I've ever heard of this happening and I've been around cars for quite some time. I've never seen anyone post this problem on here either.

If it was house plumbing I'd say it was air in the line. Like stated above double check the in and out direction.

First I've ever heard of this happening and I've been around cars for quite some time. I've never seen anyone post this problem on here either.

If it was house plumbing I'd say it was air in the line. Like stated above double check the in and out direction.
Will do. Can't really swap them till spring but I will report back when I do.

Auto Transport Service
Back