• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NON AC box blower motor cooling tube to Blower armature

70LemonTwst

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Good Morning All - Been working on my heater box restore and seem to have run into a snag. The aftermarket heater blower motor has the cutout for the cooling tube more around the 6 o'clock position where the original armature has it around 7 or 8 o'clock. I believe this small degree of difference is what facilitates the cooling tubes connection to the heater box back panel. Is there a different hose that I can buy to make this connection? or am I missing something obvious?

Appreciate the help & my apologies if this has been answered, I did take a look but no joy.

20210104_170130.jpg 20210104_170345.jpg

Take the guts out of the new motor and put them in the old motor. Why did you need a new motor anyhow - the old ones are fully rebuildable.

Thanks Stanton. I appreciate your insight, seems easier to get a longer piece of hose.

What did you end up doing?
Rebuilding my heater box and just hit the same snag. Was thinking of finding a shop to rebuild the original motor...

What do you expect a shop to do that you can't do yourself ??? They'll take it apart and clean the armature - easily done with emery cloth. If its gouged they'll turn it down on a lathe - you can do it with an electric drill and a file. Bushings will get cleaned and greased - think you can handle that ?!?!? Maybe - just "maybe" it needs new brushes (but not likely). They can be purchased from and electric motor rebuilder (who won't be interested in doing your motor).

What did you end up doing?
Rebuilding my heater box and just hit the same snag. Was thinking of finding a shop to rebuild the original motor...
Hey Dan - yeah, I cut my factory hose in the middle & found some slightly smaller hose to fit the two ends together to bridge the gap. Then heat-shrink tubed it together. It took a bit of doing to get it fitted without kinking. But ultimately I'll probably have my motor rebuilt so next time I pull it I can put it right.
Good Luck with it.

What do you expect a shop to do that you can't do yourself ??? They'll take it apart and clean the armature - easily done with emery cloth. If its gouged they'll turn it down on a lathe - you can do it with an electric drill and a file. Bushings will get cleaned and greased - think you can handle that ?!?!? Maybe - just "maybe" it needs new brushes (but not likely). They can be purchased from and electric motor rebuilder (who won't be interested in doing your motor).
Stanton your a wealth of great information

Auto Transport Service
Back