• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non Mopar question 472 Caddy motor

Ski 61701

Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
Off topic here, but I've tried craigslist with no luck. My Pop has a complete carb to oil pan 472 Caddy motor out of a 69 Coupe Deville that had 98,000 on it plus th400 trans. He originally was going to swap out a sbc in his El Camino and put this in. Well needless to say that will never happen. I've been tossing the idea of selling my 90% complete 64 MW clone, and maybe building a 32 hi boy with the caddy motor. Would love to have both but I don't have the room for 2 toys.
Does anyone know what website I can post the caddy motor and trans on, where I might get some serious people on it?
Thanks,
Steve

Post it on a website to sell it or......??

Post it on a website to sell it or......??
Which website is what I was looking for. If someone knew of a decent site, thats my goal. Just tired of tire kickers, and the typical assine questions / comments, trying to minimize some grief

I liked the 472 in my 69 Eldo much more than i liked the 500 in my 70 Eldo.
A Hi-Boy with Caddy BB is sure an old school throwback. Cool beans!

www.cadillacforum.com Looks like you can post "for sale" ads. Don't personally know anything about the site but at least you would be marketing to Cadillac enthusiasts only rather than the usual CL or EBay BS. Just a suggestion...

Allways wanted to put a 472/500 caddy motor in my 67 chevelle wagon or a 455 Buick-Pontiac-Olds. I just scored a 99 LS1 out of a wrecked low mileage Vette for 1500$. I have said never LS but it will bolt in with min probs and be super reliable. Or maybe not. Tough finding a Caddy 4spd bell housing thats why I never did it.

Allways wanted to put a 472/500 caddy motor in my 67 chevelle wagon or a 455 Buick-Pontiac-Olds. I just scored a 99 LS1 out of a wrecked low mileage Vette for 1500$. I have said never LS but it will bolt in with min probs and be super reliable. Or maybe not. Tough finding a Caddy 4spd bell housing thats why I never did it.
KEP, Kennedy Engineered Products can make flywheel & adaptor plate for just about ANY engine/trans combo You want.
They've been around since @ least the sixties, started in Pacoima, Ca. & are now in Palmdale Ca. In 70's in Az., we used their kits mating Buick, Olds, Pontiac aluminum 215 V8's to Volkswagen transaxles.
Today i have a kit from them,,flywheel, adapt plate & all clutch hardware to mate a 4.0 ltr., 4 cam aluminum hemi Lexus/Toyota V8 to a 67 Porsche' 911 S transaxle that is in my chop bug. Everything to make the mate was 560.00 plus shipping.
https://www.kennedyeng.com

Thehamb.com
It's all pre 64 hot rods and rat rods they will grab that beast up quickly I think

KEP, Kennedy Engineered Products can make flywheel & adaptor plate for just about ANY engine/trans combo You want.
They've been around since @ least the sixties, started in Pacoima, Ca. & are now in Palmdale Ca. In 70's in Az., we used their kits mating Buick, Olds, Pontiac aluminum 215 V8's to Volkswagen transaxles.
Today i have a kit from them,,flywheel, adapt plate & all clutch hardware to mate a 4.0 ltr., 4 cam aluminum hemi Lexus/Toyota V8 to a 67 Porsche' 911 S transaxle that is in my chop bug. Everything to make the mate was 560.00 plus shipping.
https://www.kennedyeng.com
Good to know Cutter, Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back