• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noob question - Hood

MustangAndy

Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
I'm sure it's impossible to find this, but what type of hood is that on the black Charger? It's finned and looks pretty cool. Think it would make a great addition to my '71. (image pulled from another thread here)

Dodge_Charger_71_001_0002.jpg

-Andy

_

charger hood

that hood is the 1971 charger r/t hood . only one year and one model got that hood

I figured as much regarding rarity and price. Thanks for the info guys - So it's a standard 71 R/T hood. Another question - any 71-74 Charger hood will work on any 71-74 Charger? There's no issues with that?

At Don Garlits, I saw a bulge hood at a swap table.

While gesturing towards it, I whispered to my brother "want to hear something funny?", and asked the guy selling it "how much?"

When he said $800, I thought my brother was gonna spit up he laughed so hard with a big "WTF" look on his face.

Funnier still, is that's a lower asking price than I've seen elsewhere.

I bought one a few years ago with a nickel sized hole in the skin, and a rusted out frame for $200. Last year I got a "donor" flat hood. Now I get see if the transplant takes.

I'f you're willing to pay truck freight from Canada, you can get a fiberglass one in plain bulge, or with hole for air grabber, R/T or Bee style insert. I think they are $600 before freight.

I figured as much regarding rarity and price. Thanks for the info guys - So it's a standard 71 R/T hood. Another question - any 71-74 Charger hood will work on any 71-74 Charger? There's no issues with that?

Shouldnt be too many issues, when I picked up my 74 Charger it already had a 71 Bee hood on it with the other insert. The only issue I have heard about is that with these hoods the fender braces interfere... however I cannot confirm that as my car is also missing the braces too.

Attachments

• 32268m0_20.jpg
    32268m0_20.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 405
Auto Transport Service
Back