• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nostalgia Super Stock / Mopar Races

Endangered Species

Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
So where are all of the Nostalgia and Mopar Races this summer?

Been looking in the Pennsylvania - Ohio area and they are getting pretty thin.

Monster Mopar - Norwalk
Buckeye Stock Super Stock
Beaver Springs Nostalgia Nationals
NMCA Nowalk & Indy
PID - Keystone Nostalgia Race
Milan Nostalgia Weekend

Are ther any others that I'm missing?

GLSSA Mid Michigan 5/2, 5/3, 6/13, 6/14. Milan 9/20 Ryan Goodin is doing N/SS at National Trails 6/6, 6/7
Doug

Did they change the rules on the carburetors yet I would like to join the fun

Doug, Are you allowed to run a 69 Roadrunner in NSS or AFX ? Does Kurt Neighbor run in AFX ?

I've used M/T. Phoenix also makes one but I haven't seen any used yet. Hoosier has a 10.5x 30.5. 67 is the cut off year unless its a AMX, Dart or Barracuda, 1969 cut off. Yes Kurt races with us.
Doug

Why is 67 a cut off year ? Wasn't 71 the last year for the HEMI ? Wouldn't you think you would want as many NSS cars to play to get the payout bigger ? Am I clear that a 69 Big Block Roadrunner with a 10.5 tire would NOT be allowed to enter and play ?

seems they'd do way better & get far more cars/competition
for the promoters, gate, the track owners & concessions even
if the rules allowed up to 1970-71
it's still Nostalgia racing, true pinnacle of the S/S racing era

or maybe they don't want the 68-70's, in to play :poke:

Infinity (Napa Ca. area/old Sears Point)
& Sacramento Raceway (Ca.) both have Nostalgia races too

good guys may still have some races too

go to their site & check it out

it won't be the same ol' rules that you back east & Midwest have
it's open for far more classes & cars/years

Famoso/Bakersfield Ca. NHRA Reunion has some cool classes
they do a couple events Nostalgia related
very good races

http://famosoraceway.com/schedule.htm

Mike Gains would know more about it probably
he races there often
I run with the AFX WEST Nostalgia Group twice a year..once in the Fall at Famoso in conjunction with the NHRA Hot Rod ReUnion and second one is the big Mopars at the Strip Race in Vegas in March each year.

Last edited:
N/SS rules were set around 1990. 59-67 big block with 2 carbs or tri power. They have been modified somewhat since to allow single carbs. I don't think there will ever be a change to newer vehicles, small blocks, Mustangs, or Camaro's. Also the electronics end is strict. No data recorders, trans brakes, air shifters, starting line chips. People can say what they want, but those are the rules. NMCA does also run NMC with for Modified cars with stock style rear suspension. Same format with no year limit. There are also some loosely run nostalgia races that don't adhere to these rules. One series would be Buds nostalgia at Keystone PA, You will find Monster Mopar, Monster Muscle Car Weekend, Chrysler Classic, Victory N/SS, N/SS INC. all follow pretty much the same rules.
Doug

GLSSA Mid Michigan 5/2, 5/3, 6/13, 6/14. Milan 9/20 Ryan Goodin is doing N/SS at National Trails 6/6, 6/7
Doug

Thanks Doug,
Do you have any information on the June 6&7 race at Trails?

Doug, Does the NMCA run all makes in NSS ? And what is there year cut off ? Do you have to run factory induction ?

Auto Transport Service
Back