• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a B-Body but still a cool Mopar.

dodge41969

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Here's some pictures I took at out shop earlier this year of the '71 Challenger used in "The Green Lantern" with Ryan Reynolds, that came out in 2011. It was at our shop for a speedometer check and calibration.
2 Challengers were used in the filming this was the main car driven by Reynolds, it was 440/4 speed powered, (sorry no Hemi) and it sounded as good as it looked.....it was nicely restored, fit/finish was excellent.

This was by far the nicest movie car we've ever worked on....and we work on tons of them being close to all the major studios/hot rod shops, etc.

A few years back we worked on the "Eleanor's" from "Gone in 60 Seconds" with Nicolas Cage, we calibrated the speedometers on the Mustangs for stunts where the speed was crucial. Those car were the biggest POS's!!, they were cobbled together....shoddy paint, fit and finish....but as long as they looked decent on film. green lantern challenger 001.jpggreen lantern challenger 002.jpggreen lantern challenger 003.jpggreen lantern challenger 004.jpggreen lantern challenger 005.jpggreen lantern challenger 006.jpggreen lantern challenger 007.jpggreen lantern challenger 008.jpggreen lantern challenger 009.jpggreen lantern challenger 010.jpg

Very cool. I didn't see the movie but did the slide around and go around corners really fast? Notice no trim rings

I love the B's but the E's have always given me a hard-on, especially the Challengers. Greatest body design in the history of Mopar. I posted this analogy a while back but I'll put it up again.

B-Body.jpgE-Body.jpg

I haven't seen the movie all the way through.....but I did see the clips with the Challenger, (the movie wasn't very good).
Very cool. I didn't see the movie but did the slide around and go around corners really fast? Notice no trim rings

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a fan of the E-Bodies too, (I've had 4 of them over the years) Here's a picture from 1995 of my '71 R/T clone, (that's me on the right with the white t-shirt) it was a factory 383 2 barrel/auto car, that was also originally GY3 "Citron Yella" it was running a 440 built to '70 Magnum specs/auto. with 3.23's though the manifolds it ran mid 13's all day long, this was right before the side scoops were added064.JPG.
I love the B's but the E's have always given me a hard-on, especially the Challengers. Greatest body design in the history of Mopar. I posted this analogy a while back but I'll put it up again.

View attachment 151630View attachment 151631

I'm a fan of the E-Bodies too, (I've had 4 of them over the years) Here's a picture from 1995 of my '71 R/T clone, (that's me on the right with the white t-shirt)

View attachment 151642.

sounds like it was a pretty cool car but dude back in the 90's everyone wore white t-shirts. There at least 7 guys wearing white t's in that shot alone not counting the wife beater shirt guy but I know what you mean. you are the cool looking dude talking to the cop

I meant to the far right....actually the guy i'm talking to isn't a cop, just wearing dark clothes....however the guy to his left in the white shirt is a cop..
Lol!!
sounds like it was a pretty cool car but dude back in the 90's everyone wore white t-shirts. There at least 7 guys wearing white t's in that shot alone not counting the wife beater shirt guy but I know what you mean. you are the cool looking dude talking to the cop

cool Challenger....

SacRanchoCordoovaJune22,2013 017.jpg Me too. Love the ebodies. John Herlitz was in his 20's when he designed that car. Legendary.

Auto Transport Service
Back