Not a b body but still mopar...

Racers Hangout

1. doublekrossd

doublekrossd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:48 PM
    So I recently came across a brand new 2014 challenger body in white on the original skid. The guy had to get rid of it to generate some cash flow and I just happened to have a little green in my pocket and my trailer hooked to my truck. Anyone ever build one of these? I'm kinda thinking of building a big tire 4link street car with a low deck hemi stroker built out of one of those new blocks Chicago connection has. But I came across an r5p7 motor too and thought that would be cool with a big turbo on it. Any ideas? Anyone want this thing more than me? Last thing I need is another project...

• Like Like x 1
    • rumcustom

rumcustom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      12:48 AM
      What’s the process for getting that registered in Michigan if it doesn’t have a vin? Just curious since you said you want to make it a streetcar.

• doublekrossd

Local Time:
      I have no idea yet. I'm assuming I could either find a smashed up one and use that (not sure on the legality) or just make itan assembled vehicle, which is pretty easy

• Sahara

Sahara FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
      Local Time:
      10:48 PM
      There’s gotta be a way, they’ve been building hot rods from scratch for years. Many, many ‘23 T’s built on a tube frame and fibreglass body.

• dvw

dvw Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      12:48 AM
      Wait until you price the rest of the parts. Bumper covers, moldings, glass, on and on. The cost is way more than starting with a theft recovery or light wreck.
      Doug

• Agree Agree x 1
      • doublekrossd

Local Time:
        I've kinda been shopping for a lightly wrecked car but after talking with my chassis guy and learning what body work costs, I'm way further ahead going this route. Yes, your absolutely correct, it's not gonna be cheap but with a complete car, I'd have to cut everything off of it anyways. I look at it like this, I have a blank clean canvas

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.