• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

not a B but thought you may like to see this?

440rb

Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
One of our top runners on a slow mo leave, full weight 3900lb car, 580 wedge>

:thumbsup:

its been a best of 9.46@142 I believe.

Not a drag racer myself, I wonder...
do they go faster with those big wheelstands off the line than if they'd keep a little lower
to the ground?

Not a drag racer myself, I wonder...
do they go faster with those big wheelstands off the line than if they'd keep a little lower
to the ground?

No.... it’d probably be a bit quicker if he could keep the front end down, but it wouldn’t be nearly as cool!

Well thats what I said to him, stop wasting forward motion we discussed it often, he's a clever guy who knows his stuff, has santhuff shocks and the like on the car, its well sorted, he's tried keeping the front down but it goes quicker with the wheels up he says, some cars just do.

More power to him. It takes a lot of energy to lift the front of a car though. Simple laws of physics would argue that if you could transfer that energy from lifting the car up to moving the car forward, it should help move it quicker. Not arguing though.... hell, If my car could do it, I’d probably leave it alone and do the same thing.

I like that car. It's been around for years. I may be partial since I race an E Body also.

IMG9526281.jpg 123_1(2).jpeg

Interesting. I've seen videos of the is car before. I believe 600" with 572-13 heads and quite heavy. This time very little front end travel. Nice compression on the front shock on the landing. The wobble is normal. Watch any wheelie in slow motion and you will likely see some. The only question I have is why are the wheelie bars so high? It was WAY up before they ever touched the track. So my bet is that wheel stand was expected.
Doug

Interesting. I've seen videos of the is car before. I believe 600" with 572-13 heads and quite heavy. This time very little front end travel. Nice compression on the front shock on the landing. The wobble is normal. Watch any wheelie in slow motion and you will likely see some. The only question I have is why are the wheelie bars so high? It was WAY up before they ever touched the track. So my bet is that wheel stand was expected.
Doug
No doubt it's part of the show - and that ain't a bad thing necessarily. :)

cool car
thanks for sharing

Doug

Yes he is a showman to an extent (wheelie bars up too much) which is ok I guess as over here it seems more cool if you can pull the wheels high than run your best ET for what you have. He did calm the front down to 6-8" up after one of our chats and he says he lost approx 1.2 10ths so its wheels up, he is one of only a handful of people that I can talk tech with who know what they are talking about though. And yes he has ported -13's, 12.5:1 580ci 740 roller and has run his 655 motor with 600-13's but had issues with the heads which had to go back anyhow he's got around 900hp with the 580 and around 1015 with the big motor but he'd be going 9 teens with that sorted if it was in, car sure is camera friendly.

Last edited:
he's got around 900hp with the 580 and around 1015 with the big motor but he'd be going 9 teens with that sorted if it was in, car sure is camera friendly.
It's crazy how modern speed/power enhancers have brought smokin' fast times within reach of so many people! My friend's 2005 Vette, w/LS2 centrifugal supercharged engine and some drivetrain and suspension strength improvements was running LOW 9s at around 145. The day he dropped a valve he was running 9.1X back to back.
Here he is side by side with a ZR1 w/mods and the ZR1 rolled into the track in a trailer/tow rig that cost more than my house, no doubt.

According to a recent comment by Doc on Street Outlaws, FWIW, his "Street Beast" long-assed Monte Carlo is faster with some front end lift, about shoulder height, on the street. Now physics suggests that energy could be better used for forward motion, but there are a lot of things happening, so only experience can tell.
Speaking of wheelies, this car had a factory interior other than the rear seat delete and cage, was beautiful to look at inside and out and under the hood where the factory 426 Hemi lives, and ran well.
This was SO FINE!

Auto Transport Service
Back