• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not exactly new, but it's been a while

TheRX7Project

Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in some time, mostly because my '66 Belvedere II sedan has been sitting and I've been doing nothing with it.
That's going to change this weekend (hopefully).
My plan is to get it running again, fix what needs fixing and cruise it... to one of the stops on the Power Tour. Right now, I know it needs an idler arm, a wheel cylinder, and a solid tune-up, as well as a wasp nest removal.
It has been parked for 8 years, but it ran when parked (ha). I parked it due to the idler arm and leaky brakes, and I had other plans "so why bother fixing it if I'm going to modify it later". Later came and went, so it's time to start enjoying it.
Anyway- my immediate plans are to do the idler arm, upgrade to a dual-pot master from a '67, do a brake job, and replace all the wheel cylinders and soft brake lines.
Sunday, I'm going to try and get it started, and assuming it will start, I'll start ordering the parts needed to get this party rolling.

Welcome back, and congrats on getting started on the car. Hey, don't worry if your car's been sitting for awhile. I haven't really done much with mine for a long time either...but still find lots of different interests on this forum to keep me interested.

Welcome back, mine sat for 20yrs; you’re doing pretty good!

Welcome back and congrats on your decision. You are now officially "Born Again", LOL!

Once you finally crack open the tool box and get a little greasy, you'll find lots of other things you want to fix or improve. Last Spring was an engine rebuild for my Coronet - and that turned into suspension rebuild, brake rebuild, and steering upgrades. It's an unforgiving addiction. Enjoy!

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal - good luck on getting the 66 back on the road

Welcome from North Carolina!!

:xscuseless:

Ha! Well I did manage to get it to fire. However there's no gas getting to the carb which I have traced to the fuel pump. Gas is getting to it but not through it. It did run when I put some gas down the vent tube, so I know it will run. I did have to give it new plug wires... since apparently a critter thought they were mighty tasty and ate 3 of them.

20190324_104534[1].jpg 20190324_115409[1].jpg

Welcome back.
Thanks for the update.
While you are at it consider changing all the hoses and belts, they look old to me.
Stick with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back