• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not mine. 1966 hemi Satellite 4spd car

It's a nice car. And have it bought and stored in someone's collection for prosperity would be a real shame. WAY too many not seen by the public. That defeats the whole purpose of classic car appreciation. It's why I don't target these all original. The public doesn't care. They want to see and hear going down the road. And then parked at a small local gathering for viewing. And talk about the one they used to have so long ago.

I really wished the "Blue Bloods" would focus on the luxury builds of yesterday for their concourse lawns? And leave Muscle cars for the car guys to which they were built?

Just my vision of a perfect world.

I'm no expert on 66 & 67 Hemi cars, but with 68-70 Hemi B-bodies (except Chargers) going from 115-165 large, I would not think that the earlier cars would be that low.

Thoughts on this.............

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/70037

View attachment 1187946

And this.....

View attachment 1187947
https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/83437

Those two look to be well beyond a "nicely restored 66-67 Hemi car"; and priced accordingly. Maybe they'll get their money back. I only spot-check these cars. I don't recall seeing any selling for that much money. I don't recall "rougher" ones selling for less than $60k and the one on BaT for $40k really surprised me.

I liked the body style when it came out and still liked it when the '68 style came out. I recall people thinking the earlier style looking like an older person's car. I still like the style, as well as the allure of a plain-looking coupe with a 426 Hemi 4 speed is strong for me.

I'm no expert either.

1966 Plymouth HEMI Belvedere II!

66ply70037-1.jpg

Plymouth HEMI Belvedere II!. This 1966 plymouth belvedere ii is a compltete body off/frame off nut bolt rotisserie restoration by mopar professionals. Govier decoded and in chrysler registry."one of one" with this color and options.matching original 426 hemi and drivetrain it was born with!special order 999 paint. Ordered heater and radio delete per its fender tag.body and vin numbers match including factory door jam tag and original fender tag. car sold new in Marietta, Georgia at kelly Chrysler Plymouth. The blue line tire option was only avaiable in 1966! Continuous 2 year nut bolt restoration "complete and total" large document notebook.private owner. Please no trades
Price $ 104,000 FOR IMMEDIATE SALE NOW

I would have liked to have seen how the "full body/frame off nut bolt restoration" was accomplished. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1188019
Plymouth HEMI Belvedere II!. This 1966 plymouth belvedere ii is a compltete body off/frame off nut bolt rotisserie restoration by mopar professionals. Govier decoded and in chrysler registry."one of one" with this color and options.matching original 426 hemi and drivetrain it was born with!special order 999 paint. Ordered heater and radio delete per its fender tag.body and vin numbers match including factory door jam tag and original fender tag. car sold new in Marietta, Georgia at kelly Chrysler Plymouth. The blue line tire option was only avaiable in 1966! Continuous 2 year nut bolt restoration "complete and total" large document notebook.private owner. Please no trades

I would have liked to have seen how the "full body/frame off nut bolt restoration" was accomplished. :rolleyes:
I love by "Mopar Professionals?" If you got paid? You too can be a "Professional?"

I started looking for a 66-67 Plymouth almost 3 years ago. About 18 months ago I was about to buy a red with white int 67 GTX, 440 auto with air for lower 30s when the opportunity to buy my 66 Satellite came up. And that took a little while to persuade the CFO to let me raise the budget . But, it worked and I bought mine last Oct of 2020 .
Ive had offers over 70k for mine and its a lowly auto. And ive told all of them , double it we will talk ( wife said 125 and its gone ,,,LOL ) Unless catastrophic happens my car IS NOT FOR SALE

But in my diggings Ive seen a few in the past 2 years or so priced well above 100k. But I dont know of any that have actually sold.
Highest SOLD car I know of the body style is upper 80s and that was a VERY nice red with red interior hemi 4 spd 66 Satellite.

There is / was a blue with blue interior 1966 hemi Belvedere around Columbus ohio area for $55k recently , no idea if it sold or not .

Those two look to be well beyond a "nicely restored 66-67 Hemi car"; and priced accordingly. Maybe they'll get their money back. I only spot-check these cars. I don't recall seeing any selling for that much money. I don't recall "rougher" ones selling for less than $60k and the one on BaT for $40k really surprised me.

I liked the body style when it came out and still liked it when the '68 style came out. I recall people thinking the earlier style looking like an older person's car. I still like the style, as well as the allure of a plain-looking coupe with a 426 Hemi 4 speed is strong for me.

I'm no expert either.

I see nice '69 383 Road Runners advertised in the 60s & Hemi Road Runners & GTX's well over 100k. I've seen 68 & 69 Charger R/T's (440) needing restoration that sold in the 60's & Hemi Chargers are advertised in the 200K range.....

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/106497

My mind must be jaded from looking at 68-70 cars. I had no idea that 66-67 Hemi cars are valued that much lower.

I see nice '69 383 Road Runners advertised in the 60s & Hemi Road Runners & GTX's well over 100k. I've seen 68 & 69 Charger R/T's (440) needing restoration that sold in the 60's & Hemi Chargers are advertised in the 200K range.....

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/106497

My mind must be jaded from looking at 68-70 cars. I had no idea that 66-67 Hemi cars are valued that much lower.

Same thing with 67 GTXs - sort of the (lower priced) step child of Mopars. A nice 68/69 440 GTX will be $15 - $20,000 more (at least) than an equivalent 67. I have at least twice as much in my factory AC 67 as I could ever get out of it. That’s OK, it costs me about $200/year for insurance and property taxes so it’s probably going to stay right where it is until it’s my estates problem. Personally, I’ve always favored the 66/67 b-bodies for their styling, interiors, and driving position.

The 66.67 cars are definitely in the lower end of the range.
But imo this past year they have closed the gap quite a bit.

Was maybe 2 years ago one could have had there pick of a 66.67 hemi car in the upper 30s or mid 40s for about anything any color combination. Not anymore. The bar has been raised . Imo. To ck that box is gonna be 60k and up right now.

I think they made less than 10 of them.

been sitting for a long time
it will need a lot of attention to all the rolling & moving parts

doesn't look too molested

not that it matters

we have a member here
(I won't mention his name, he can chime in if he deems necessary)
that had a Red 66 or 67 'Hemi' Charger (4 speed IIRC too)
East Bay Area, a very well-respected guy here
IIRC that he couldn't sell for like $49k
or was it $59k ?
in the height of the 'High Hemi Prices' era,
2007-2010-ish I want to say (IIRC)

been sitting for a long time
it will need a lot of attention to all the rolling & moving parts

doesn't look too molested

not that it matters

we have a member here
(I won't mention his name, he can chime in if he deems necessary)
that had a Red 66 or 67 'Hemi' Charger (4 speed IIRC too)
East Bay Area, a very well-respected guy here
IIRC that he couldn't sell for like $49k
or was it $59k ?
in the height of the 'High Hemi Prices' era,
2007-2010-ish I want to say (IIRC)

FWIW I think the 66-67 Chargers get less love than the regular 2drs do...Cool car with allot of unique features but just doesn't seem to get appreciated...

View attachment 1188019

I hope my wife doesn't see this car.

I found a block for mine dated 6/19/66, a warranty block, rivet and tag. Mine was built in dec 65 or Jan 66

I'll take $115k for my car! Forgot it's a 66 $95k then.
I just saw this reply.

But Fran,
If there was ANY way to swing it . I would own your car in a heartbeat . Would make a damn nice garage mate for mine.

But to spend that kind of money would require some serious smozzing of the CFO , but even then Im not sure I want to spend almost 6 figures on a car . ALTHOUGH the top down part would be nice out here most of the year

Last edited:
I just saw this reply.

But Fran,
If there was ANY way to swing it . I would own your car in a heartbeat . Would make a damn nice garage mate for mine.

But to spend that kind of money would require some serious smozzing of the CFO , but even then Im not sure I want to spend almost figures on a car . ALTHOUGH the top down part would be nice out here most of the year

My wife wouldn’t be caught dead driving around topless.

Auto Transport Service
Back