• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

**NOT MINE** - Newly restored 70 Superbird Fort Collins Colorado Craigslist

idrivemopar

Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of this,

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/fort-collins-1970-plymouth-superbird/6775194514.html

LAST CHANCE TO BUY AT REDUCED PRICE. VEHICLE IS SELLING TOMORROW FOR $144,500! MAKE A BETTER OFFER AND THE VEHICLE IS YOURS! VEHICLE WILL BE SOLD TOMORROW @ NOON.

1970 Plymouth Superbird For Sale! THIS IS NOT A CLONE
Asking $145,000 K OBO
Over 100K Rotisserie Restoration
Engine - Number Matching with 440 Six Pack
Transmission- Automatic on Console
Vitamin C - Original Paint Color
Only 2 Miles Since Full Restoration

Everything is new and I have ALL Documentation to prove vehicle's true authenticity
Serious Inquiries Only!

Vehicle Will Only Be Shown at Owner's Discretion Once Funds Are Verified

I DO NOT need help selling this vehicle.
Cash or Trades Plus Cash will be considered.

00y0y_f8sGN3TJeUa_1200x900.jpg
00Y0Y_4mebBzlELJB_1200x900.jpg
00000_gh14bz2ZWQS_1200x900.jpg
00b0b_lsWQV6F10Nq_1200x900.jpg
00i0i_a86gSrGWXlv_1200x900.jpg
00j0j_egYu7I5skVY_1200x900.jpg
00k0k_t1yuMRkRJu_1200x900.jpg
00M0M_bStfxLmR1J9_1200x900.jpg
00P0P_8yiCRjWp5qF_1200x900.jpg
00U0U_lLzNTvXn0E1_1200x900.jpg

for that kind of money, at the least I would expect a professional upholsterer to recover the seats instead of some guy that was oblivious to the wrinkles that compare to my 89 year old grandmother's neck. I guess I will take a stab at the close up shot of the beep beep steering wheel medallion that appears to have either rust around it or that steering wheel was burgundy at one time

Pretty lousy $100k restoration if you go by the rusty steering wheel around the center RR emblem and the ripples in the front seat covers !!!! And that's not even looking closely !!!

for that kind of money, at the least I would expect a professional upholsterer to recover the seats instead of some guy that was oblivious to the wrinkles that compare to my 89 year old grandmother's neck. I guess I will take a stab at the close up shot of the beep beep steering wheel medallion that appears to have either rust around it or that steering wheel was burgundy at one time
LOL- We were typing this at the same time. Great minds think alike !!!

I think its paint dust on the steering wheel, either way, they should have addressed it before advertising it.

I don't know what to make of this,

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/fort-collins-1970-plymouth-superbird/6775194514.html

LAST CHANCE TO BUY AT REDUCED PRICE. VEHICLE IS SELLING TOMORROW FOR $144,500! MAKE A BETTER OFFER AND THE VEHICLE IS YOURS! VEHICLE WILL BE SOLD TOMORROW @ NOON.

1970 Plymouth Superbird For Sale! THIS IS NOT A CLONE
Asking $145,000 K OBO
Over 100K Rotisserie Restoration
Engine - Number Matching with 440 Six Pack
Transmission- Automatic on Console
Vitamin C - Original Paint Color
Only 2 Miles Since Full Restoration

Everything is new and I have ALL Documentation to prove vehicle's true authenticity
Serious Inquiries Only!

Vehicle Will Only Be Shown at Owner's Discretion Once Funds Are Verified

I DO NOT need help selling this vehicle.
Cash or Trades Plus Cash will be considered.

View attachment 694772 View attachment 694773 View attachment 694774 View attachment 694775 View attachment 694776 View attachment 694777 View attachment 694778 View attachment 694779 View attachment 694780 View attachment 694781
At last....a member who knows how to present a Craigslist advert here....thank you. :bananadance:

The black around the headlights looks glossy. That doesn't seem right. The dirt in the driver floor board, and the seat wrinkles make it look like a quicky job....

Too long of a list just on the engine compartment. They dont know the difference between a Restoration and a Rebuild.

Too long of a list just on the engine compartment. They dont know the difference between a Restoration and a Rebuild.

This is the world we live in. It is a result of auction houses, flippers, and uninformed buyers. Everyone is in it for the quick buck and the true enthusiasts watch as overpriced under restored cars get passed from flipper inventory to flipper inventory forever trapped in a classic car purgatory.

Don't mean to vent, but the truth hurts. Just my 2 cents.

D

145k or b/o seems like a good price to me for a real Superbird. If I had the cash I would buy it and drive the crap out of it.

NAPA battery - really??? For that kind of dough, I would expect at least a Mopar cover over it. Plus all the other comments you guys made jumped out at me too. This is pretty nice for a $60K car, but not $145K.

I still kick myself for missing the estate sale in the late 1990s, where they sold 2 Superbirds for $50K. They wouldn’t break out the set and I could only afford to pay for one. I tried talking my well-off brother into putting up the cash for the second one but he didn’t know anything about cars and didn’t want to be tied up into a car that he didn’t know anything about, nor did he care. If I told him that he missed tripling his money, he still wouldn’t care.

What a train wreck.......The missing screens say enough...

Its good to see that there is some folks here that know what there looking at.. this is a good learning curve for me.. BTW.. If it was my garage.. I would dump the lambo and be driving the Bird.

I’m not as fussy. Comments are correct, but i too could add ac, od, and drive it. If it doesn’t pass muster for the OEM (Worman) crowd, just show, drive, and enjoy. Make offer. If that is paint dust around the steering wheel Bird, who the hell would not get a brush and clean it up before pictures?

This seems like a recent 69 charger posted here... Hurry up and buy it without looking at it.. Seems like a trend. ******* the unaware buyer.

I’m not as fussy. Comments are correct, but i too could add ac, od, and drive it. If it doesn’t pass muster for the OEM (Worman) crowd, just show, drive, and enjoy. Make offer. If that is paint dust around the steering wheel Bird, who the hell would not get a brush and clean it up before pictures?
Dennis, I love you brother but here is some true insight from a true OE builder .....WORMAN is not part of the OE crowd.....He is a wannabe and installs reproduction parts with shiny paint jobs.....

I cannot stand how he has made people believe that he builds cars exactly as they rolled out of the factory, HE DOES NOT! He builds nice restorations with a truckload of reproduction parts and 99% of reproduction parts are light years different than the original factory line parts....

Last edited:
This seems like a recent 69 charger posted here... Hurry up and buy it without looking at it.. Seems like a trend. ******* the unaware buyer.
Agreed and the other ad here for a guy that was desperately searching for a 70 b body and found it....Then in less than two weeks posted it up for sale and meanwhile frantically searching for parts......Created this fictitious front and the car is a train wreck as well....BUYER BEWARE.....

Auto Transport Service
Back