• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not Mopar, but some very rare cars....

Joe Palmer

Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Ok I know this is a Mopar page, so don't crucify me:praying: , but as a car guy I found these rare T/A's pretty interesting.

These GTA's are as rare as Hemi cars (The red one being one of 34) I know they might never be worth as much, but its pretty cool someone is keeping them up for the future....Plus who do you know that has 4 big block 4 speed muscle cars?

I like all American Muscle and spend more time helping my buddies working on brand X musclecars than I do my own. I do like the 455 S.D. Trans Ams.

Had a buddy who had a 73 4 speed TA in 74.... Really nice car and handled like it was on rails...

nice TAs

I do like the Pure 'Pontiac' TAs the best
not really stock orig. cars, but still pretty cool

had a few of the Pontiac TAs from 70 & up 2001
& Corp.Chevy LT1 & LS-powered TAs or Firehawks
several as Drag Cars Outlaw PS & T/S too,
at one time was the best 'areo' frontal area
for modern cars at the time

I owned a 75 HO 455 4 spd and a sd 400 auto. Both silver both dark Red interior cars. They boogied along pretty good. Rotted out fast though.

It’s hard for me to find 1979 Trans Ams as rare. Yeah. The W72 was an actual Pontiac 400 that they “saved” for ‘79, and it came only with a 4 speed, had 220 HP, which was good for a carbureted, convertered, engine. The thing is, they made 116,000 Trans Ams in 1979. That isn’t including Firebirds, Espirits, or Fomulas. To put that into perspective, Chrysler built less Barracudas (E bodies) in 5 model years. Including the Hemis, Six Barrels, and ‘verts. Where in the hell did they all go? I remember 8 of them in my neighborhood alone!

4 speed is the way to go with the T/A.

Auto Transport Service
Back