• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not my ‘69 Charger near San Antonio

It looks like a solid Charger,but I don't think the survivor term applies to a car that needs a full paintjob,interior,and has a non matching numbers engine.

It looks like a solid Charger,but I don't think the survivor term applies to a car that needs a full paintjob,interior,and has a non matching numbers engine.

I agree! The wording isn’t all accurate.

I'm glad I bought my Chargers years ago,because most people are priced out of the second generation Charger market. I think I'm going to put my 70 Charger R/T V code car on the market in the spring!

body looks OK from the few photos

not a survivor
it is a restoration candidate
$29,999 seems a tad high
it'll need 50k-$75k to make it what it should be

just more sales pitch/Key words used today

I did see the gen 2 Chargers are bringing a premium
even resto-mods & non #'s matching,
are all bringing 100% OE correct restoration $$$$
the hobby & sales are thriving,
it's not "falling off" as some will have you think
really good right now for "the sellers" anyway

The hobby and the money is alive and well.... if you have the right car.

I frequent a drive-thru coffee shop locally, and always switch off between my Satellite, my ‘50 chebby truck, and my ‘72 Datsun Z. All the 17-20yr olds there are like “wow sweet car!” And I suggest they get one to work on and they go.... “well I would but, I need a car with better gas mileage” or “my dad used to love those, but I got a kia”

Just a little high for a 383 2 bbl car. Like to know more about the motor, it needs a correct pulley setup and air cleaner. No pic of the trunk floor.

Even the two Chargers that I got from California needed trunk floor work,it's rare to see an original Charger that doesn't.

00L0L_i5rWYR2zMkE_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_8iiSZ8BfRRr_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_lDfsjkLTgef_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_jD5Q83yXkNc_1200x900.jpg

01616_c3CIhaE1Jpi_1200x900.jpg

01616_5irLl97jD3y_1200x900.jpg

01717_bEPaomM4Qxd_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_aL7qrRYBNsT_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_j6ZkzlquePx_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_gbII2baW9FS_1200x900.jpg

00202_efzSBVkuGhv_1200x900.jpg

00909_7zQQDmtwyuE_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_cSBFTrG4ez7_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_hl16jcA8d87_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_Id169mgfKl_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_1CDb1Ep01il_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_gbkvsv2fxR9_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_6FdcoLBoTAz_1200x900.jpg

FOR SALE $29,999. OBO. no trades please. show contact info

It pains me to part with my 69 Charger, but need to put my money elsewhere. This is a VERY original car. Most of the car is original paint. B-7 Blue. The car is all original body panels. It had a little rust in back of the rear wheel wells. I had that professionally fixed with new metal and a few dents fixed. The body is really nice. The floors are original and very nice.

The car is a G code 383 Big Block. The engine is not original, but is a date coded 1969 383 HP with only 55k original miles on engine and Heavy Duty 727 Automatic transmission.

The engine runs very nicely. Quick to start and strong! There is a brand new fuel tank and fuel sending unit installed. The exhaust is all brand new from manifolds to tips with 50 series Flow Masters. The car was converted to Power Steering with a new gearbox, and Power Steering column. Its nice! The engine has an Air Conditioning compressor mounted to make that conversion easy.

The car has new shocks all the way round too! The hide-a-way headlights work very nicely. The frontend still needs rebuilt, new tie-rods etc. The windshield is cracked too. Inside the car is 100% original, but needs restoring. I have a new dash pad and one door panel top.

Lights, blinkers, horn, and wipers work. Its an awesome original survivor Charger with an extremely nice grill. The car is located in San Antonio Texas. Call Hawkeye with any questions

In the classic car collectors terms of "survivor"....this is not a survivor.......

It is a nice color combo and complete car in needs of a restoration......

As Bart said this is a sellers market......

There are a bunch of people that use the word "Survivor".....to describe a classic car that "survived" for years. Technically they are right as far as the traditional definition of the word. The recent definition follows a narrower and more specific definition.

30K wow .. for a car that needs more than that put into it.. I absolutely love the second generations but the prices are insane .. unless you own one :)

It has truly survived.. that's for sure.. but if someone pays $30K for it we'll be cruising down wantabad lane all over again...

There are a bunch of people that use the word "Survivor".....to describe a classic car that "survived" for years. Technically they are right as far as the traditional definition of the word. The recent definition follows a narrower and more specific definition.
They use the term for more $$.....Kinda like someone who use to say we build "OE correct" cars.....

The "survivor class" has been around for a long time....It is not recent, the certification is more recent.......Frank Badalson heads up the judging/certification of those cars......

It has truly survived.. that's for sure.. but if someone pays $30K for it we'll be cruising down wantabad lane all over again...
In todays charger craze and that being a complete car, the seller has it priced well.....I wouldn't pay that so don't get me wrong. I am just relaying what the market dictates....Crap, incomplete cars go for not much less:eek:

I have restored several chargers and if you think your "bee" restoration was pricey...embark on restoring a charger.....chargers have a lot more parts than a Bee, GTX, RR....and the additional parts are rare and expensive.......

If someone wants to pay that, more power to them and good luck with the car/project......

I do agree. I also think that many of these cars may be advertised by people that stumbled upon or inherited these cars. They may not be true enthusiasts like we are and may use buzz words that they have heard.
Barn Find.
Survivor.
Frame Off restoration.
Rare.
Hard to find....etc.

I do agree. I also think that many of these cars may be advertised by people that stumbled upon or inherited these cars. They may not be true enthusiasts like we are and may use buzz words that they have heard.
Barn Find.
Survivor.
Frame Off restoration.
Rare.
Hard to find....etc.
Correct......

30K....:fool:it's gonna cost definitely more than that to get it looking pretty again.......

It had a little rust in back of the rear wheel wells. I had that professionally fixed with new metal and a few dents fixed.

That lower portion doesn't look too professional to me.

00t0t_jd5q83yxknc_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back