• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not new to Mopars BUT......

Longknife

Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello I have been lurking here for some time but this is my first post. First, my handle is because of my interest in History. I have been into historical re-enacting and black powder firearms since the mid seventies. A lot of the early settlers carried swords and the Indians referred to them as "Longknife".

My Mopar history goes a little farther back, I graduated from HS in '69 and went to work at a local car Dealer, Chuck Diering Chry-Ply in Alton Il. (The building is still there but empty) Mr Diering was former St Louis Cardinal. One of my main jobs was to service the new cars. I immediately fell in love with those "69 RR's and vowed that I would get one when I acquired my journeyman's card, after all I would be making almost 6 bucks an hour by then!!! One of my greatest memories was test driving a Super bird (440 auto)! I took it up the "river road" and nailed it, Cant remember how fast I got it going but it sure hugged the road at the higher speeds!!! Never saw Hemi or 6 bbl car come through there!! During that time I had a 56 ply 6 banger, a 65 fury 383 When I finally got my card in 1973 I was married and had a child so my dream was put on hold! My wife did declare that we needed an A/C car for the baby and I got a 69 Coronet. 500, 383 PS PB a/c bucket seats and it was T5. In late 73 I went to work for "Lewis and Clark Chry-Ply" on highway 367, It is now a U haul. In '79 I went to work at UPS and have retired from there.,,,,Well finally,,,, 50 years later I got my toy!!!!!!

IMG_4227.JPG IMG_4228.JPG IMG_4229.JPG IMG_4086.JPG IMG_3975.JPG

Congratulations!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome from Georgia.

Welcome from Alabama and the car of the year in 1969. Nice Runner.

You waited 2.5 years before making your first post, What's up with that?

Nice 69

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome aboard, love the Bird! I was a CW re-Enactor for 12 years (89-92) & liked shooting black powder but not the cleaning, lol.

Welcome aboard sir. It's about time you rewarded yourself and what a beauty it is. You have the patience of a saint! Best of luck with it and thanks for posting pictures.
:thumbsup:

Welcome from Michigan. Very nice car you have.:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back