• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not shipping to Canada

71_Duster

Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
What's with all the people on ebay who refuse to ship to Canada? Our money spends just as well and shipping it is so simple, I've sent enough stuff stateside with no hassle.

What gives? Been trying to find my dad some marker light lenses for his 69' Mercury Cyclone finally find an NOS set the guy won't ship to Canada and ebay wont let me contact him.

Doesn't make sense to me. For something like lenses which can go through the mail, should be no problem.
I'm lucky i guess, Living 5 min. from the border, I just get my stuff shipped to a U.S. address and go get it. do ya know anyone in southern Alberta?

I can't speak for anyone else but I did a fair amount of ebay selling until a few years ago and I had only shipped to Canada twice. To be honest they were both the biggest hassles I've ever encountered with shipping. I cannot recall the line by line details as they were many years ago (been doing ebay since 1998) so I won't try to pinpoint exact problems - but it was bad enough that I have reminded myself over the years to not do it again. I guess I'm adding to this thread to simply say that it may have been a hassle ten years ago and now a lot of people just assume it still is and refuse to offer it.

What's with all the people on ebay who refuse to ship to Canada? Our money spends just as well and shipping it is so simple, I've sent enough stuff stateside with no hassle.

What gives? Been trying to find my dad some marker light lenses for his 69' Mercury Cyclone finally find an NOS set the guy won't ship to Canada and ebay wont let me contact him.

if you are stuck let me know. my sister lives in texas and she will re-ship to you. she owes me some favors. just cover her costs. she will ship postal so you don't get screwed by ups charges.

ship it to montana shipping outlet at the border and go pick it up

You won't belive this but I had a part rebuilt by a guy in Texas, I sent down $80 cash to save on time waiting for a cheque to clear. He is sending the cash back to me because he tried to exchange it at two banks and even his credit union wouldn't take it.
I can take any American bill to just about any store and use it...for sure all of our banks will exchange it.
As for shipping the two big fiberglass companies I wanted a scoop from in the U.S, one would not ship and the other was way to expensive.
AL

Thats Bull,sounds like Discrimination to me..sorry to hear that bud,,sombody here might be able to help ya..hope so ..God Bless.Bear R.-

I wouldn't call shipping to Canada "so simple", but I have done it several times and don't have a problem with it.

On my auctions, I have a disclamer that reads in part- "shiiping to Canada may require substantial extra cost and extra time to process...and... I will NOT declare a rediculously low value or "gift" status".

The USPS customs form is not exactly intuitive as it ought to be, and there's always the Canadian UPS brokerage fee issue.

Don't wrap your items in any newspaper that lists prices for any items sold in Canada, and don't let any coffee or bird feathers accidentally fall into the box! (Those items are strictly prohibited according to the Canadian customs website)

Yeah that was the auction, wasn't around sooner to check this thread otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer.

As far as payment either paypal or a money order from a Bank have always worked well for me. Sending cash my mail is just risky on it own. It's just always been easy for me to ship south I figure shipping north would be much the same.

It's the seller's perrogative. It's their stuff. They can ship where they want. I never had a problem with shippin to Canada. I've even accepted items from people who would not and forwarded said package to Canada. But again, it's the seller's decision. Whine about it being "discriminatory" or whatever, but that's the bottom line.

the seller may very well be a drop shipper and the actual shipping company may not ship there.
Many won't ship international on Ebay due to Ebay buyer protection rules that favor the buyer and screw the seller.

I solved that problem and got a US postal box in Buffalo, 2 hrs from me. Does,nt cost me anything to have parts shipped there except $5.00 per parcel, no storage fees, Except on crated items like the deck lid I got from Moparmarks ( Thanks Mark). I,m my own broker

I solved that problem and got a US postal box in Buffalo, 2 hrs from me. Does,nt cost me anything to have parts shipped there except $5.00 per parcel, no storage fees, Except on crated items like the deck lid I got from Moparmarks ( Thanks Mark). I,m my own broker

Hey Terry.
Ya if you live close to the board that is the best way to go for large packages. I guess maybe for smaller stuff too?

you know any truckers? you should, they keep it rolling and could help you out here. I ain't offering, but my inlaw lives in london ont. and drives most of the usa. He has hooked me up with some motorcycle stuff the epa never got a say on from canada and delivered my projects "up there". not to mention picking up stuff around the us for me. all in cab sized stuff. pay in green backs not lunnies too .

there is a forwarding company on the east coast, mass-conn-?, i have used because of the no ship problem and it works good. been awhile though. i am not saying its cheaper than ups but close. you have to call your credit card company to be able to buy in the states and deliver in the states though. its a one time call. i can't remember the name, old timer's, but if you snoop u.s freight forwarders you might hook up. i know there are some big time suppliers, sum/jeg, that use ups as there shipper of choice but when you tell then usps or you will buy it elsewhere the answer is, oh, going to canada, we will ship usps. they know ups screws us over badly. but you have to ask.

p.s. i forgot once to specify usps at sum and it showed up ups$$ so i called them and let them know i wasn't happy so they have it on my customer profile to ship mail. same thing happened at mac's, its on the profile now.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, here you go. thank me later.http://www.reship.com/?gclid=CPiGy6frwbQCFcxAMgodfm0AYw

That is the thing Shag, have it sent USPS...it is the only way to go. I coudn't belive that first bill I got from UPS and saw they charged me tax on the tax +++ lost me right there!!!
I am having something shipped by Fedex, first time and so far not to impressed. The seller is {by google maps} 8 hours straight south of me...I know it is the holidays but it has been 10 days so far...guess I should have done a road trip...LOL
Al

Auto Transport Service
Back