• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nothing like starting up a 5.9 diesel.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score
with a straight pipe in the shop with a south breeze blowing the exhaust out of the north end....

But the fumes are unreal even with a breeze blowing threw the shop and fans going!

Don't have much use for this truck anymore but don't want to get rid of it just yet so I try to drive it once a week but today is #11 so.....and with this pandemic stuff, none of my vehicles are being driven much.

:luvplace:

upload_2020-10-1_13-56-20.png

My 99’ sounded like it had marbles rattling around in the oil pan and with the 4sp auto, I could just put my foot down a bit when ascending a hill and it wouldn’t down shift. Now my 11’ is quiet, but loud compared to a 20’ and those same hills make the trans down shift. The 99’ had 3:54’s, the 11’ has 3:73’s. But I will say that if I keep it at 70mph, I get 20mpg unloaded, but with 4 people in it. And it doesn’t smoke at all when drop the hammer, unlike the 99’ would do a few puffs similar to a barbque , dissipated rather quickly. That truck I bought from my grandpa, then last year I sold it my cousin to keep it in the family (grandpa WW2 Veteran, past away at 88-89 years old).

Auto Transport Service
Back