• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Novel way to generate electricity

The old Fisher & Paykel Gentle Annie washing machines can be rigged up to be a water pump and electricity generator combined.

Interesting technology I would love to see a working model. I understand better if I can get hands on.

Here is a working model you can get your hands on smaller scale and was in production 10 years ago :)

Sounds to me like you need to have a couple dozen bell ringers on hand to generate electricity. I'll pass.

nah-campbell-rachel-dineen-and-katie-campbell-how-to-ring-the-bells-at-erdington-abbey-231749370.jpg

583e62781f49d379bf352da3c9867a86b89218ca.gif

It certainly works. Northfield mountain in Mass is an example of a water based version. Question is why? Northfield was because of nukes powering all night with less load. Without nukes I don’t see the purpose. As renewable stuff comes on line the solar at least gets made when people want it.

This would absolutely work to store energy. I read a non-technical article a few years ago on a related topic. The article talked about storing energy as inertia of high speed spinning disks in ultra-low friction environment. Put energy in, spin disk faster. Take energy out, draw energy off of spinning disk. The key is to minimize loss of energy

Auto Transport Service
Back