• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now This I Can Truly Get Behind

Cool. I have an original, mint set of tailor-mades, in my basement. WWII Major, artillery, Pacific Theatre.

Always wanted a set of Army Dress blues. Never could afford them and had no reason to wear em. Just thought they looked sharp...

It is about time that the Army got soldiers back into Class A's when off base. I never cared for the sight of a soldier in the airport in fatigues.

It is about time that the Army got soldiers back into Class A's when off base. I never cared for the sight of a soldier in the airport in fatigues.
I spent 29 years in the Af Reserve and by 2000 when I retired the AF was just at the point of BDU's off base,hell, we couldn't even go off base in our flight suits...if you weren't flying you had to wear at least the casual Blues. My opinion, wear it like you are proud of it "every girl likes a sharp dressed man"! I like a woman dressed in a sharp uniform too!

Another MISleading title to a thread. I was hoping to see some rear views of bikini ladies!

Something like this...

butt.jpg

I like it! I would like to get an org set from ww2 to add to my collection but there about non existent anymore ! If any one of you old timers has a set you would sell please let me know it will look good in my ww2 corner with the mint wool jacket I lucky stumbled on a few years back thing is like new only one bullet hole ! In the sleeve funny story with that from the org owner said he about sh#t himself because it pulled on his arm he thought he got shot and kept fighting after it was over he was asked if he was OK he said no I got shot in the arm .... he said the guys never let him forget about his arm ,he said every day they ask how his arm was healing .... today this would turn into a situation and someone's feelings will be hurt and probably a law suit! God I hate my generation there such pussys!

I spent 29 years in the Af Reserve and by 2000 when I retired the AF was just at the point of BDU's off base,hell, we couldn't even go off base in our flight suits...if you weren't flying you had to wear at least the casual Blues. My opinion, wear it like you are proud of it "every girl likes a sharp dressed man"! I like a woman dressed in a sharp uniform too!
Even in 75 we were allowed of base to and from residence and when in a military vehicle in fatigues. Winter ware was even allowed in sives. Other than that dress blues or tans.

It’s too bad that society can’t follow suit. I lament for the times when people took personal pride in their appearance.

I miss the days of Kaki's when you had to look sharp. Pinks and tans were always a great look and the dress code has needed to be changed for 50 years or more. When I joined, you had to be in dress uniform off post. If you lived off post then you could drive in, or home in fatigues but could not stop anywhere other than a gas station.

It’s too bad that society can’t follow suit. I lament for the times when people took personal pride in their appearance.
You mean like the days when a man wore a suit and a lady's wore heels, hose and a dress when flying (before airplanes became flying Grey Hounds)?

IMO, every solider should appear well dressed and sharp. They look great like that.
The splattered look of the camouflage is used by the public as pajamas and looks like there a lazy POS.
Loathsome IMO and a disrespectful disservice to the military personal who risk everything for us.

I think the military as a whole has plenty of pride in appearance but they are stuck with whatever the government gives them to wear. The ACU's do look like pajamas and they are not allowed to starch or press them. Those pajamas should be relegated to work wear alone and the troops should have to be in a dress uniform before leaving duty. Every drill hall has shower and changing facilities as does every base and unit. It is just a change of habits and a change of requirements that will take some time to get used to if they are required to change uniforms before leaving and after starting duty. The services did it that way for a long time before and we still managed to save the world so it should still be possible in todays services.

You mean like the days when a man wore a suit and a lady's wore heels, hose and a dress when flying (before airplanes became flying Grey Hounds)?
Maybe not to that extreme, but I’d settle for people leaving their houses with some self respect. In SW Michigan, I see people wandering the streets like they just rolled out of bed- literally, in their pajamas...

They had me right up until they started talking about giving out A2 flight jackets to everyone. Flight jackets are supposed to be for aviation personnel only.

They had me right up until they started talking about giving out A2 flight jackets to everyone. Flight jackets are supposed to be for aviation personnel only.
I remember when the troops got to Iraq and were issued a basic combat load which in an aviation outfit included flight suits and flight crew ACU's. The number of regular troops who never got near an aircraft that tried to angle some flight clothes was absurd. We went through some flight suits but still, we needed them, ground troops don't need flight gear which serves a purpose for flight personnel.

Auto Transport Service
Back