• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OBD Genie - anybody use one of these?

Ron_M

Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
I've added Factory foglight s and an emerald back up camera to my 2014 Chrysler 300. The factory codes were provided. I'm going to my local dealership tomorrow but if they want too much to activate, there's a device called OBD Genie that might do the job if they offer that device (I need to call them Monday.)
My question is does anyone have experience using OBD Genie and would you recommend?
Thank you!

Haven’t heard of that one, but Alpha OBD, that is what most people use to activate sales codes to get stuff working on their vehicles that weren’t set up at the factory. You buy the Alpha OBD for $100 and use the MX Plus for the obd port. All in you’ll be around $200. Not sure of the cost TODAY due to inflation.

Thank you, yeah looks like AlphaOBD is the way to go.

Ended up at my local dealer, one hour labor to update. The lights and camera worked and I was happy.

Still going to invest in AlphaOBD when I learn more.

Auto Transport Service
Back