• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OBDll scan tool

snakeyes

Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
hey has anyone no what scan tools is good to purchase , have older Actron OBDl but looking to add a new one to the box :eusa_think:

I have the actron OBDll and it has been excellent

hey has anyone no what scan tools is good to purchase , have older Actron OBDl but looking to add a new one to the box :eusa_think:
To replace a junk HF scanner I bought the Craftsman Can OBD2&1 Scan Tool Kit 20899 several years back. It has worked well for me and several neighbors. Like all electronics these days I expect it is considered old school now.

What are you looking to get out of it? Just a code reader or are you looking for something that provides live data?

I have bought and used a half a dozen of these, works with the Torque phone app and will scan every sensor accessible to a cars on board computer. It looks up and clears all CELs also. I have given away several to friends after I plugged it into the port and showed them how cool it is. Just used one on my sons Mazda3 for a CEL, amazing piece of tech.

The BAFX Products Bluetooth OBDII is the best device IMO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-O...700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417907dcfc

[video]https://youtu.be/irLUImwkKOc[/video]

I bought an Elm 327, I believe for $12.00 Bucks or-so on FleaBay and put TorquePro on my Samsung Android phone and Tablet.
UnBelieveable! Reads codes, clears codes, troubleshoots for cheap! Hard to beat this combo.

I bought an Elm 327, I believe for $12.00 Bucks or-so on FleaBay and put TorquePro on my Samsung Android phone and Tablet.
UnBelieveable! Reads codes, clears codes, troubleshoots for cheap! Hard to beat this combo.

I bought one also, could not get it to work....tech support is nowhere to be found .....

so I bought a Snap-On MT2500 scanner for $150, works up to 2009 cars & trucks

looking at a Innova # 3150 for about $200.00

Check out Harbor Freight, bought mine for 69 bucks OBD11 and Can. Reads, clears, on spot info. They have several different ones.

This is what I have

20150801_092604.jpg

I have an Innova I bought off Amazon for around $100. I would recommend the live date. It helps see what's happening while the engine is running. If I could buy again, I'd buy a handful of Bluetooth readers to link to my phone. That way I could keep on in each vehicle. I hate bringing my current scanner everywhere I go.

I`m going with the Innova #3160

Agree with Hemi Rebel, depends upon what you want to do with it and how much you want to spend. I have a Matco 1400 which is identical to the Actron CP9580, does a good basic job of reading and clearing codes, freeze frame, some graph capabilities. Generic stuff, but very happy with it. The most flexible (and way expensive!) would be the tools that are bi-directional, can work at the OE level, such as the OTC tools encore. I recently saw a demo of this, unbelievable! As an example, for a diesel ford truck, can even activate the exhaust filter cleaning process, read the number of hours on the battery, etc., etc. Tempting to get one of these (in particular, the Matco Maxme tablet which has a bluetooth OBD II connector which is way cool), but likely won't use the additional features very much.

I`m going with the Innova #3160

I have an older Innova can only get it to read a portion of what it claims it is capable of. On line support was not really good. Definitely make sure Innova still supports the scanner before you make your purchase.

Auto Transport Service
Back