• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd problem.

sendero

Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
Last year I had the dreaded ammeter meltdown. Over the winter I put in a new dash harnness ( Year One). When I started the car and running on idle. All the gauges showed good. ( I did bypass the ammeter by splicing the wiring connections). When I started to rev the engine up to 2000 rpm..all of the sudden the gauges dropped slowly to zero. When I stopped at a light and went back to idle, the gauges started moving up too steady state. Light turns green, start accelerating.. the gauges drop back to zero. I thought my digital dash assembly voltage regulator may have been at fault. I changed that to another.... same problem.

Anyone run into this before? Very odd.

by the way the dash voltage regulator ( old one and newer is rt-engineering solid state voltage limiter)

Last year I had the dreaded ammeter meltdown. Over the winter I put in a new dash harnness ( Year One). When I started the car and running on idle. All the gauges showed good. ( I did bypass the ammeter by splicing the wiring connections). When I started to rev the engine up to 2000 rpm..all of the sudden the gauges dropped slowly to zero. When I stopped at a light and went back to idle, the gauges started moving up too steady state. Light turns green, start accelerating.. the gauges drop back to zero. I thought my digital dash assembly voltage regulator may have been at fault. I changed that to another.... same problem.

Anyone run into this before? Very odd.
Had same issue bad dash ground. Check all the grounds and make sure they are tight and clean.

Auto Transport Service
Back