• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OE 15" steel wheels...rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mean_maverick

Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Aquired a set of 15" steel wheels and havent noticed that most of the steel wheels on 68 or so B-bodies are 14". anyone have any insight? :)

You have seen that because the standard wheel was a 14' wheel. the hemi cars came with 15" wheels and other special order situations.
What you have in the way of 15'' wheels, could have come from anything,60's C bodies, and as many 70's cars came with 15's. it is all about the size and inscriptions by valve to determine those application.
observe, compare, research, read, learn !

they very well may be. they're still on my parts car and haven't pulled them off yet tho...

dont have a clue to be honest

Measure the mounting area (diameter) for the dog dish cap, early wheels are 9 3/4" later are 8 3/4", or very often referred to as 9" and 10"

I thought the split was pre 68 large size.

wheels

Iam looking for 15in for my bee. If H style

Measure the mounting area (diameter) for the dog dish cap, early wheels are 9 3/4" later are 8 3/4", or very often referred to as 9" and 10"

I thought the split was pre 68 large size.

I've been told the split was 1968: 10"=67-OLDER, 9"=1968-NEWER

looked mine over this past wknd and they're the 68-up wheels, but only 2 of them are "h" wheels :(

thanks for the inquiries about these wheels. right now im gonna hang on to the two that i have and maybe come up with another pair to make a set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back