• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OE valve stem caps

Not sure what you mean by valve stem caps.

I don't believe they were used. I see them advertised through CompCams but those are also for titanium valves.

"Wheel/Rim" valve stem air caps. sorry, yes the lash caps sound similar. should have been clear. I have a bin full of air valve stems and caps and am wondering what OE (1969 ) look like? on both 14-15" wheels. doubt it is different.

Lmao... Thought you were talking about valve lash caps.

If that is the case they more than likely have not been right since the dealer took delivery.

I always find the discussion on valve stem caps interesting. If the tires have been changed on a car, odds are the caps are not the original along with the valve stems.

The only source I consider reliable would be an intact original date coded spare tire from that assembly plant at approximately the same time frame as your car was assembled. There were many different suppliers for parts and to think there is only 1 type of vavle stem cover for all 1969 models would be naive.

The picture below is the spare from a one owner survivor A12 RR. It still wears the date coded tire. I have no reason to believe this cap has been switched. I have also seen the cap with a raised center on A12 spares but without original rubber.

I am curious to see where this post will go since I don't know if there is a "right" answer versus a "most accepted" answer.

D

IMG_1082 W.jpg

valvestems.jpgIf your car had Trim Rings (Road Wheels) then the wheels had 1/2" valve extensions.
Ron

Thanks for the reply's. I have both styles that are listed here. I also have the ones with the raised center. I will post a pic of one. I have road wheels, and H wheels. none have original tires. just was not sure and was hoping to clarify this.

Correct 69 cap.

Attachments

• P9220437-001.JPG
    P9220437-001.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 180
I focus on 1969 Lynch Road since A12's are my passion. There are many instances of supplier changes throughout the run of A12 cars. That is why I said previously, you need data from the specific plant and time frame for your vehicle to be accurate.

Below is another 1 owner A12 RR survivor spare tire. Ironically, it is dated the the same as the previous, April 1, 1969. It looks similiar to the cap 62MAX posted, but I don't think identical?

I go back to my statement of what is most accepted as original or is truly accurate?

D

IMG_4149 W.jpg

If this hobby has gotten that **** about valve stem caps and judging at car shows. Then people have waaaaaaaay to much time on their hands, and need to figure out the meaning of life. Are you really serious? Just needed to vent here! Good Luck with whatever you do.

What next? Getting dinged for not having a 50/50 mix in the radiator?

If this hobby has gotten that **** about valve stem caps and judging at car shows. Then people have waaaaaaaay to much time on their hands, and need to figure out the meaning of life. Are you really serious? Just needed to vent here! Good Luck with whatever you do.

Believe me,it goes way beyond valve stem caps !!

I remember watching a show where they had a "correct" Corvette. They were showing the painstaking efforts the owner went thru to get the car completely factory correct. He bought a grease gun that was used at the factory, with the correct grease, just to recreate the "pig tail" loop of grease, on the fitting when the gun was removed.
Thats ****!

Believe me,it goes way beyond valve stem caps !!

Waaaaay beyond valve stems!!!!!

I did laugh out loud when I read these. Remember earlier I said I always find it interesting where this discussion goes. We all enjoy the hobby for different reasons and to different levels. To each his own. I always say some of us have hit our head one too many times, self included.

I have never had my cars judged and don't plan to. In my profession details are everything. I don't get a second chance or "practice" what I do. This mindset has metastasized into how I restore cars.

So, to answer your question "Are you really serious?": Yes I am and there are several others in this thread who are serious for their own reasons as well. I am pretty sure they have also figured out the meaning of life long ago.

I do understand your reason for venting and thank you for your concern. Please enjoy our hobby how you choose and let others do the same. Remember, we are all MOPAR guys!!!

Now, wasn't this thread about valve stem caps?

D

If this hobby has gotten that **** about valve stem caps and judging at car shows. Then people have waaaaaaaay to much time on their hands, and need to figure out the meaning of life. Are you really serious?

LOL you should have seen the 15 page thread on the A12 board about air cleaner wing nuts.

Seriously. This attributes to the ridicules price of used and repo parts. Old beaten up but factory original. Just priceless.

Auto Transport Service
Back