• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off to the body & paint shop today

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
My bronze car, although 2/3 original paint, is in need of a freshening up, so I decided to go for the gusto and strip her down......

C2 (2).JPG

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

We will be expecting regular updates with pics, just so you know.

RC that's an awesome car with a great color combo. I can't wait to see it finish. I hope that they do the work to your satisfaction. If they do a good job please refer them to others on here. I have seen a lot of paint work and a lot of it looks like a Cub Scout troop painted it with a corn broom. I would say that you get what you pay for but it seems these days some people's idea of quality is just not up to par. Good luck. She's a gem!

What color you going to RC? or keeping the same color? Awesome looking car!

Love it. I used to have one just like it. Same color too. Bought it back in 82 for 2500 bucks.

Oooooo... that's purdy! Must be a 30 ft. car, because it sure looks good to me already.

When I first restored my Roadrunner, it was a pavement princess and I worried about it constantly. I won’t own cars like that anymore. It’s been “seasoned” over the years and it’s way more enjoyable that way.

Are you selling it?[/QUOTE

No, I'm getting it painted.

When I first restored my Roadrunner, it was a pavement princess and I worried about it constantly. I won’t own cars like that anymore. It’s been “seasoned” over the years and it’s way more enjoyable that way.

I've been there myself which is why I'm just getting a paint job and not going for a full restoration. The underside has the factory undercoating, years of dirt & it's staying that way. I'll clean up everything that's been taken off the car & I've got a surprisingly short list of stuff that I need to buy. Basically, I'm just sprucing up the appearance of the car and giving it a thorough cleaning. Call it a freshening up.

As stated before... GOOD LUCK!!!
Hope your paint comes out the way you want without the drama :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back