• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Offenhauser 2x4 intake, what carbs will work?

Beep!Beep!

Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
My dad has a vintage intake offy with 6488 stamped on the bottom what carbs will work on it,small block 360 la engine.

It has a Hughes whiplash cam and we put thinner head gasket to bump up the the compression it was 72 barracuda 4bbl , going in 67 formula s 4speed with 3:91, 8 3/4 limited slip

It has a Hughes whiplash cam and we put thinner head gasket to bump up the the compression it was 72 barracuda 4bbl , going in 67 formula s 4speed with 3:91, 8 3/4 limited slip
Badass, yeah I like the eddy carbs for the street. Don’t be tempted into 500’s they are not worth the extra $$$, 600s are cheap and easy to find.

Get the eddy tuning kit and I would consider a wideband O2 to help with tuning.

Badass, yeah I like the eddy carbs for the street. Don’t be tempted into 500’s they are not worth the extra $$$, 600s are cheap and easy to find.

Get the eddy tuning kit and I would consider a wideband O2 to help with tuning.
Great thanks

If you can find some 425's, that'll be your best bet. CFM per HP is what it is. Smaller venturis increase air velocity through carb.

Auto Transport Service
Back