• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official “not going to Carlisle” thread

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Just curious at this point how many who normally make the trip will NOT be attending. I know the border is opened up above us so that should help but things are getting very expensive and many people are changing plans last minute. NO Politics please..

I'm not, but rarely do anyway :poke:
been a looooooooong time

either humid as ****/hot & miserable
or raining/muddy, then humid/hot & misserable

I did buy a Hampton hi-helix 8:71 blower & BBM manifold
last time, didn't leave empty handed
hardly worth the 3,000 miles to go

either humid as ****/hot & miserable
or raining/muddy, then humid/hot & misserable
Same here ,

Not been in a few years , maybe 6 or 7 ??

Now 3000 miles away, Not likely ever will again

Glad to check in and see that there are not many that are not going!!

This was the year I had planned to go after 2 years of border closures. Carlisle had graciously honored my 2 year old admission fees. I sat down and calculated that it would cost roughly $ 3500 Cdn to trailer the car down. A bucket list trip for sure, but not financially viable because of fuel costs.

This was the year I had planned to go after 2 years of border closures. Carlisle had graciously honored my 2 year old admission fees. I sat down and calculated that it would cost roughly $ 3500 Cdn to trailer the car down. A bucket list trip for sure, but not financially viable because of fuel costs.

If it was 1,500 miles from me, on top of the exchange rate, I wouldn't consider it either.

Sorry to hear that but completely understand.

I’d get out of Canada if even for a few days. Feel what Freedom feels like. Most of us are armed, we even have radar detectors unlike you poor ……

I’d get out of Canada if even for a few days. Feel what Freedom feels like. Most of us are armed, we even have radar detectors unlike you poor ……
At 61 years of age and happy to be a proud Canadian, I have never felt that I have been deprived of any freedom.
I have in the past enjoyed my trips to the USA. Was really looking forward to the greatest all mopar show there is. I drove down in my Challenger in 2018 to scope things out and was overwhelmed. The people I met were nothing short of welcoming. I signed up for 2019 as soon as I was able. I am hopeful I will get back there with the Charger regardless of cost, but not this year. (Sticker shock)
Looking forward to seeing event pictures from this year. Cheers to you all!

Won't be going this year due to the cost of everything now:(. Haven't been since 2016. Had a 6 year run before and it was always a blast. Never went home empty.

When I received my vendor package It has next years show fees.
Vendor spaces went up $10.00 per space

Gas could be 10 bucks a gallon and I will still be there. Yea it sucks but it’s my one getaway a year so I am not missing it.

Gas could be 10 bucks a gallon and I will still be there. Yea it sucks but it’s my one getaway a year so I am not missing it.
I would really like to go, but my shop build is eating up every spare moment of my time and money. After it's done and I'm generating hobby income, look out, I'll be everywhere. If I can squeak it out, I may drive up and back in one day, but it's a long drive from southwest OH.

Auto Transport Service
Back