• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ohio Crankshaft Products

theman440

Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
Anybody runnin' or know someone using an Ohio Crankshafts 4340 forged crank in their high output big block? Lookin for input /info on their products.

I was looking at buying a 4.5” Ohio for my hemi. After doing some research I think I’ll go with a molnar.

Molnar is my first choice, can you tell me why you decided against Ohio?

Just a lot of hit or miss reviews. They may be fine, I’ve just never used one. I am just little leary to put one in a 800hp hemi.

I've been very happy with the Molar rods in my motor.
Doug

Ohio Crankshaft stuff seems to be kind of hit or miss. That being said I ran a BBC with a 4,375 stroke ohio crank in it in a front engine digger for a couple of seasons before building a bigger motor for and it did it's job with no issues.

Went to Molnar website $892.01 for a BB crank. Discounted from $1032, don't if it's sale or what they normally do?

I purchased my entire 505" rotating assembly from Ohio Crankshaft. (remember, the 505" is the same as a 512" but the 505" is only .030" over and the 512" is .060")
It was $2037 for everything including Crank, H-Beam Rods, SRP forged pistons, rings, etc.
I now have 109 1/4 mile runs on my motor AND NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER.
Most recent best ET is 10.191 @ 131.28 mph at 3795 lbs on the starting line.
I would buy the same product over and never look back.

Plenty of people on the Bullet using Ohio Crank stuff. I just have no personal experience with it
Doug

I'm running a complete 4.15 assy. in my 493 street motor, must have 1,000 or more miles on it-no problems. On the other hand when Muscle Motors built my 540 Indy they used Molnar crank and rods.
Mike

Nice to see a company that is still in business. I remember Ohio Crankshaft from back in the 60's. There were pros and cons back then too. Just like any retail business I guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back