• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ohio schools closed for 3 weeks

My wife is a teacher in Canton and she just told me when I got home from work today that their spring break will be 3 weeks because of the virus...

The Governor of Maryland and Maryland State School Superintendent just went on TV to announce similar news. All Maryland schools will be closed for 2 weeks starting on Monday, and planned gatherings of 250 people or more have to cancelled or postponed.

I wonder if these kids [and the teachers] will have to stay in school until August now because of these closings in March?

The Governor of Maryland and Maryland State School Superintendent just went on TV to announce similar news. All Maryland schools will be closed for 2 weeks starting on Monday, and planned gatherings of 250 people or more have to cancelled or postponed.
Its gatherings of 100 or more here.

My wife was going to see the play Hamilton here in NYC. We also had tickets to see the group Air Supply in two weeks.
Both shows are cancelled. Broadway is closing down. That by itself shows how serious and the precautions being taken

Connecticut now has similar news to this that @Aarons Air posted. Sports games are cancelled, if not cancelled games are limited to 100 people. Also some schools will be closed for a few days and some a few weeks. Unreal what this virus is doing

Last edited:
This is all one big media feeding frenzy. Stores here are running short on toilet paper.

This is all one big media feeding frenzy. Stores here are running short on toilet paper.
This used to be the toilet paper aisle.

image.jpg

Wife had to go to 4 stores yesterday to get us a few rolls as we were out! I walk into Home Depot this morning to get some drywall primer and low and behold there's a full skid of TP between the entrance doors! LOL

If you think this virus outbreak is being created by the media, I would think you might spend some time reading up on the subject.
Yes the media drives me nuts, after awhile I can't listen or watch it and this panic buying is ridiculous.

yep their buying all the water here and paper towels ,the world is losing it.

Just got back from Costco. No TP, PT, hand sanitizer and many of the dry goods have disappeared. People are goi g nuts. There’s even a run on cereal. It kind of saddens me to see this happening - it’s on the depressing side. The whole world is in a panic.

I just returned from a week in Costa Rica and things are normal down there for now. Here is crazy.....

I can see it now.....TRADE (insert favorite B-body here) parts for toilet paper and canned soup.

Auto Transport Service
Back