• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OIl filter

Marco

Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to swap my oil filter but it turned out my oil pump has smaller threads than a normal filter (3/4-16) anybody knows what thread filter I need? The engine is a '73 400

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to swap my oil filter but it turned out my oil pump has smaller threads than a normal filter (3/4-16) anybody knows what thread filter I need? The engine is a '73 400

That's interesting!. I thought all big block pumps had the same thread 3/4-16 are you sure you have the correct oil filter?

Short filter is a Wix 51068, you could also use a 51085, which is used for most mopar v6 and v8's until around 2002.

Mark

Hi everybody,
I just ordered the Wix 51515 ill let you know if it fits.
Thanks in advance!

I have run into some filters where the threads were not cut deep enough on the filter and therefore would not go on. Mopes/Fords/some imports are 3/4, GM 13/16.

Hi everybody,
Just installed the Wix 51515 and it indeed fits like a glove.
Turned out the threads on the other oil filter (bosch something) were too far in and the oil pump did not reach them.
Thanks for all the responses
Gr, Marco

Hi everybody,
Just installed the Wix 51515 and it indeed fits like a glove.
Turned out the threads on the other oil filter (bosch something) were too far in and the oil pump did not reach them.
Thanks for all the responses
Gr, Marco

Didn't take you long to find one. Did you buy the filter locally?

Hahaha no, I was able to find someone with next-day delivery so that was quite nice.

In consideration to where you are located, it might be a good idea to stock up on some service items for your ride.

Yeah im from the Netherlands so when I need to order some parts from rockauto I'm going to add some service parts.

Have any friends making trips across the pond? Put them in the baggage.

Auto Transport Service
Back