• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oil for a 426 Hemi!

Mopar_BRL

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Good Morning ! I have a stock 426 Hemi and I imported it into my country! Here fluids do not have ZDDP but recently RED LINE Oil started importing only some fluids for some vehicles, among them the 15W50 Full synthetic with the addition of ZDDP which is even higher than that of VR1! Will I have a problem using this Full synthetic Ester-based fluid in my engine? Tks.

Synthetics have been in the mainstream market for over 20 yrs. Why does this question about "is it ok for my older engine" keep coming up?

Synthetics have been in the mainstream market for over 20 yrs. Why does this question about "is it ok for my older engine" keep coming up?
Because when you use it in and old engine it has a good chance of leaking from many places. Then you are fighting leaks. This can and does happen.

Because when you use it in and old engine it has a good chance of leaking from many places. Then you are fighting leaks. This can and does happen.

Then the engine has leaks that need to be sealed. I have an air-cooled '79 GS750 that has Never been apart, never had a gasket changed, over 110k miles on it. 1st thing I did when I got it 8 yrs ago, changed oil to Rotella T6 full synthetic. Put about 10k a yr on it. No leaks. If the engine leaks w synthetic, it leaks.

Then the engine has leaks that need to be sealed. I have an air-cooled '79 GS750 that has Never been apart, never had a gasket changed, over 110k miles on it. 1st thing I did when I got it 8 yrs ago, changed oil to Rotella T6 full synthetic. Put about 10k a yr on it. No leaks. If the engine leaks w synthetic, it leaks.
Well thats great, for you! It’s a jap bike with close tolerances. Not apples to apples comparison.

try it on a 50 year old dinosaur, results will be different.

keep in mind I’m NOT arguing with you, because I Know I won’t win.

I switched to Mobil 1 in 1975 for my Hemi and 440. Never an issue

Good Morning ! I have a stock 426 Hemi and I imported it into my country!

Your location says USA, and this was this imported to your country, so what country do you live in??? Asking for a friend.

Your location says USA, and this was this imported to your country, so what country do you live in??? Asking for a friend.
65rzza.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back