• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pan/late B body fitment

cbodybob

Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
IMG_7577.JPG
Before I go through all the work just to find out I don't have room. On my 77 Fury big block drag car. I have a new 8 qt pan & matching pick up tube. Can I swap this from the bottom. That pick up tube is pretty long & the pan has a baffle so is this possible. Anybody done this on a late B with a big block. Trying to get it ready for season.

Can you not modify whatever is in the way?

if the same as other b-bodies, you have to drop the drag link. unbolt the pittman and the idler. swing out of the way, and that should give you enough room

if the same as other b-bodies, you have to drop the drag link. unbolt the pittman and the idler. swing out of the way, and that should give you enough room
Ok good. I have all of that out as I'm changing to a manual steering box. Still looks tight in there. Wondering about threading the long pick up tube in from the bottom

Can you not modify whatever is in the way?
Well I don't know for sure what's in the way. The deep pan has the baffles & the long pick up. Finding room to fit the tube down through the baffles might be tough. I just don't know. Was hoping someone had done this & could advise what to look out for

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back