• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pan measurements?

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone post the measurement from the oil pan bolting flange to the bottom
of the K-Frame on a 68 GTX or RoadRunner w/440? I have a Milodon pan that is
8" tall and I think I will be in trouble! It has a hole for external pickup, and I want
to keep that feature, but I need numbers. I've seen some posts here, but no
rock solid numbers. Thanks for any help Guys!

Measure a stock pan and that's the number you're after. Stock pans sat pretty close to even with the bottom of the K.

8" is not a "street" pan. 7" is barely acceptable. And its advisable to run a skid plate with that. Even the stock hemi/6-pak pans used a skid plate and they were no deeper than a stock regular pan.

I'll be Damned if I'll pay close to $500.00 for a Road Race pan from them! I guess I'm gonna have
to "Slice & Dice".

I just found some notes ... a stock pan is 5" deep. I'm going to guess a road race pan is close to 7" because the skid plate I made is close to 2".

Yes, you're right. I would put a skid plate on my K-Frame to make the Road Race pan. Here's a pic of one on another Member's car:
I guess I'll try to duplicate this somewhat . I really want seven quarts in the sump. The Stock Hemi pan will only give me six, and I don't
know what I have to do to it to put my external pickup in that pan. No one wants to rip the bottom of their oil pan out!
I
A1B04771-8DB9-4869-A8B5-49C0E59EA014.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back