• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pressure gauge and brake light not working

Legoslen

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
I just finished reinstalling my dash after pulling it out to spruce it up a bit in my 73 Charger. Everything still works the way it should except the brake light and the oil pressure gauge. I have the Rallye gauge cluster where the oil pressure gauge is in the same opening as the fuel gauge.

The pressure gauge goes all the way to high or low.
The brake light flickers.

Any ideas on what might be the issue? Is it possible I switched the wires in the back of the instrument cluster for these? If so does anyone have a diagram or details on what I should look for to get them plugged into the correct spots?

Thanks!!

If it all worked before you pulled in a part then I would think it’s possible you switched something around. If the brake being depressed, assuming parking brake, and the oil goes all the way up or down then I’d say that what happened. Set the brake, it goes up, release it goes down.

You should have a factory service manual, it has all wire diagrams in it. Not sure about 73 but check myMopar.com and see if it’s available for download.

Looks like they have it. http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

Auto Transport Service
Back